“Make me a fresh breakfast”

Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Very professional greeting by Maiya. Guetroom was clean. Fitted sheet appeared too small and slipped off in my sleep. One has to figure out that the TV is on a sliding tray in order to view from the bed.

Ordered breakfast off the menu and then observed server filling plate from Buffet, (soggy potatoes and more soggy bacon.) There was a chef in his whites visible. He seemed puzzled about poached eggs order asked whether we wanted two minute eggs or not--then took about ten minutes to produce said eggs....Glad they are not doing the "new" courtyard dunkin donuts-style processed breakfast deal...One would think that when one orders a la carte you’d get fresh food.

An odd thing in the rooms was a flyer about nominating employees for apple service awards and pins to wear with the grand prize being a basket of apples for their department. (Huh?) Very awkward and tacky...

Overall good hotel and good value.

Room Tip: Ask that they actually cook your breakfast fresh.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westlakeh

Reviewed February 6, 2012

It is what it is....basic and a good choice. This is our 3rd consecutive year staying a couple of times a year when visiting our umass student and it's always just fine.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vimatravel
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We enjoyed a lovely stay here. The hotel is conveniently located to UMass, Amherst, and Hampshire colleges. We frequently stay at Marriott hotels, and this one lives up to their usual fine standards. It included all the standard Marriott amenities: double sheeted bed; tasteful, functional lighting; large desk; comfortable chairs; spotless bath and, of course, comfortable bed. There was a full-length mirror in the room, which so many places don't have! Lovely pool. Wish the hot tub had been hotter, but everything else was so nice, we didn't really care. The staff was friendly, courteous, and professional. What else can you ask for?

Room Tip: If it is important to you, you might want to ask for a "quiet" room especially if function...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hoffman123
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Great place to stay if visiting UMass or Amherst College. Clean, friendly staff, nice bar in the evening. Close to shopping and restaurants. The outside of the hotel is very pretty - looks more like Disney's Grand Floridian Hotel than a Courtyard. Inside it is your standard updated Courtyard. For a Courtyard, this one is pricey but I'm sure it is because of its location near UMass and the college.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank thesportsmom
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel because I was driving to multiple locations in western Massachusetts. It's near shopping and the downtown Amherst area. The staff are friendly and the rooms are clean. I've stayed here multiple times and prefer a room that faces out the backside of the hotel since there's a field behind it and really quite. But I've stayed before on the front facing side and although it's off a major road, the hotel sits a little back from the road so it's not too noisy.

Room Tip: I've stayed here multiple times and prefer a room that faces out the backside of the hotel since...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed here recently when they were slammed with back to school. They were amazing! This was an insane trip! I was not able to get a hotel anywhere I initially tried and got in here. When I drove up I was glad I picked this one over the others. Located on the highway near restaurants. They are VERY nice! They were able to give me the upgrade (corner rooms are the best). I will know next time to reserve one! They have breakfast (egg station, waffles, pancakes, etc!) Service is wonderful. You don't have to think they do auto refills! The rooms are spacious and clean. They have an indoor pool and market with snacks. Nearby is Staples so if you have to pick up dorm items it's great! Also close to Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Target and Walmart! The manager is always around (I was shocked)! I had one bad week which they were AMAZING! DO NOT USE GO GO ON THE AIRPLANES (My AMEX was compromised by their billing company) The hotel called Amex for authorization they were VERY VERY VERY nice! I highly recommend them!

Room Tip: Pick a corner room (pay for the upgrade well worth it!)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Geekontherun
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We rented a function room this past weekend for my daughters wedding reception. Although my daughter had met with their wedding planner a few times my wife and I only met with her once. I was very impressed with her knowledge and attention to detail. I was also impressed with her lack of trying to "up sell" as we decided what we wanted during the event.

On the night before the wedding we had a rehearsal outside where the wedding would be held. We had planned on doing a picnic after the rehearsal but it became too dark to allow that to happen. With no other good choices we decided that we would all go back to this Hotel and see if we might be able to use the courtyard outside to have the picnic and finish off the night. Most of these people were not staying there and I was concerned about 30 people just showing up and taking over the courtyard. When we got to the hotel we were greeted with the news that they would allow us the use of that area. Not only did they allow us to gather there but they also were more than willing to provide plates, napkins or anything else we needed!! They cranked up the fire pit and just minutes later we were all eating and relaxing. The bartender was amazing as she went above and beyond so many times in that one night. I had so many people comment her service and willingness to help us out as we got settled.

The rooms were great and the reception was as perfect as anyone could have made them.

Nothing could have been done better and no one could have done more than they did!!

Thanks so much for making my daughters special day so great and memorable for not only her but everyone that attended!!

Room Tip: Large corner rooms are great for 3-4 people if needed.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank slappythesecond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley

Been to Courtyard Hadley Amherst? Share your experiences!