“AWFUL”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I've been to this place many times. Went for breakfast w/ my mom. My eggs were ok but the homefries were lacking in crispness & flavor. My mom ordered the special "Eggs w/broc., & cheese". When the order came she asked the waitress (who was not very friendly), where's the egg? She got no response. Her eggs had a huge amount of broc., very little cheese & eggs. She didn't finish it! The waitress never came back to the table to see how our breakfasts were & to see if we needed anything. It's too bad this place has changed so much. It was a great place to eat before the new ownership.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have been to this place numerous times over the past 10-15 years... it used to have the best food and staff around. Went here recently and waitress said it was now under new management. Well the owner should find new management again because it was awful. Poorly cooked food, horrible, slow service (I believe Sharon was name, but not sure as no name tags)... I will NEVER step foot in this place again. They make Denny's and IHOP look like 5 star restaurants. Such a shame too because it used to be my favorite.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had heard such good things about this place and so recently I tried it. Food was unappetizing in appearance and taste. There was not a whole lot to choose from for lunch. Service nothing to write home about. Also, the place gets low marks re cleanliness. Will not go back.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was so excited when I got on the road (going home!) early enough to stop here for breakfast! My friend had recommended it to me, and I really wanted a "real" breakfast rather than the McDonald's drive thru!

What a disappointment. It was a warm morning (the temps were going up into the 90's that day!) but they just had the door open and it was uncomfortable. The food was horrible, and poorly presented. If it had been cheap, it still would have been disappointing, but it wasn't. The potatoes were burned and hard, the eggs were horrible looking, and the bacon was overdone. I wouldn't recommend this place.

2  Thank Francine G
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Stables has changed much since our last meal there two years ago, and not for the better.. We visited during Sunday morning breakfast hours but the place was empty.We checked the chalk board at the register for the specials, but there weren't any. The hostess appeared to be bothered by having to seat us. My daughter ordered orange juice and was told "We're out, what do you want instead?" (With two grocery stores within a half of a mile of the place, there was no reason to be out of OJ during breakfast) . We ordered our meals and my husband got the french toast with real maple syrup. When the server brought the orders there was no syrup. He asked for it and was told "We're out". Why he was not informed of that when he ordered, I don't know. He can't eat the artificial stuff.
So my daughter had scrambled eggs and water, my husband had dry french toast, and I had pouched eggs with under cooked homefries. The food was well below average, and I hated having spent money on such a dismal meal. The service was lacking as well as we were never offered coffee refills or asked during the meal if we liked to food. When I got to the register to pay with cash, which is the only way to pay here, the hostess asked "How was everything?" To which I replied "Not very good. " She just looked at me, took my money and gave me my change.
We won't return.