“Nouveau Italian” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boothbay, Maine
“Nouveau Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Carmelina's was recommended by a neighbor! This is a five college area so we both have kids who go to school there. Food was good. Nicely presented. Don't go there overly hungry. Old world flavors but not overly abundant plates. I certainly would return!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Camilin57

“Crazy Alfredo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I've had a few different entrees here and I've been disappointed by all but one, the crazy Alfredo. Perfectly blended spices and sausage with the classic al dente pasta. I only wish the rest of the menu could meet these standards. The restaurant itself is a bit cramped. The service is better on slow nights and I suspect that the waitstaff is suffering from under-management because they seem to have a real desire to provide great service, they simply don't have the support to accomplish it! I will continue to visit because this place really is the best Italian restaurant in the area. I just think that it could be better.

Lunenburg, Massachusetts
“Save your money, unless of course you have lots of it to spend”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

It was just "fancy" food prepared poorly, poor, slow service--despite the place being more than 1/2 empty, and just not worth it. I had been before and felt it was better, but now it's on my "don't ever go again" list. I hate to write poor reviews, but for a place that is supposed to be swanky with high prices, it should end up feeling that way through the whole meal/experience. I think it was the owner sitting at the bar saying goodbye to everyone, he should spend a little time going from table to table and asking for honest feedback, not just a generic "how was things?". He needs to know what people think.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bowtiebiker
Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Wine and Desserts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Seafood Crazy is the best thing I have ever tasted! My husband and I get it whenever we want a special occasion restaurant. We have never been disappointed.

Visited April 2012
Wilmington, Vermont
“Sad state of affairs at Carmelinas”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

June 23, 2012....I took my family to finally experience my FAVORITE restaurant of all times....Carmelinas. I had not been there for over a year or so. I couldn't believe it. No bloody mary mix for that cocktail. No Jose Cuervo. No A1 sauce. No mussels or prime rib.....major menu items...not specials! Remember in the 90's when the menu was huge and at the very end of it, it said: You'll find everything on this menu except spaghetti and meatballs. Well, now, spaghetti and meatballs screams at you as one of the few regular pasta entrees. OmG. No more fall off the bone shank entrees. Such a signature dish!!! Granted. The menu has been streamlined over the years but always there were exceptional specials and only the finest of cuisine on the regular menu. Not any more! One of my dinner guests did not touch his food. Some sort of pasta/seafood dish with red sauce with a monster jalepeno that just poisoned the dish. No linguine and clam sauce! In any shape or form. Whoever the new owner is....he did not buy the menu. It appears he was able to buy a couple of the signature alfredo recipes. I will say the limited filet mignon menu was delicious....I had the gorgonzola choice. The staff was really nice under the circumstances....having to disappoint with all the items NOT available. But, no mention if you wanted cracked pepper or parmesan with your meal either. Very disappointing. I want Carmelina's BACK.

• Visited July 2012