“Great BBQ at a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wildwood Barbeque

Wildwood Barbeque
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Hadley
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Tucked beside the Comfort Inn on Rte. 9 In Hadley, this quick and casual barbeque restaurant is making some of the freshest, most original food in town. Classic barbeque plus lighter fare with cornbread and desserts baked daily on premises. Children's menu, outdoor picnic area, wine and 16 craft beers on tap. Event catering and Sunday brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Open Tuesday-Thursday, 11:30 to 9 (Friday & Saturday until 9:30, Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until 8:30 p.m.). PVTA bus B43 stops right out front.
Massachusetts
“Great BBQ at a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

My son-in-law has been talking about his favorite BBQ restaurant in Hadley and I finally got to go. I had pulled chicken, cornbread, and mac & cheese. My husband had a half rack of ribs, cornbread, and yummy house made sweet pickles. They had a good selection of craft beers and wines as well as a honey apple cider sangria that I thought was seasonally appropriate. There were 4 different BBQ sauces -- classic, spicy, mustard, and a seasonal apple that had a nice zing. They also had a hot sauce that was quite tasty.

The mac & cheese was one of the best I've had. My husband thought the ribs were great -- not drippy greasy at all. They were well cooked and tender -- smoked "low and slow" -- the pulled chicken was really good, too. Both meals, sangria and beer were under $40. It's right behind the Hadley Comfort Inn -- what a nice surprise for travelers staying there.

The owner stopped by our table and chatted with us. He told us that plans are there for a deck and patio heaters which will really help to extend the dining area and the outside seating season. Thumbs up!

Palmer, Massachusetts
“Great Barbecue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Tried this place for the 1st time today and loved it! Granted I am not an expert on barbecue, being mostly vegetarian, but I thought my food had wonderful flavor. I had the Barbecue Tempeh Burrito - ooh - wonderful, deep, smoky, layered flavors. Plenty of food and and at a good price, but most importantly, delicious. Also servers were very nice and efficient. I will be back soon.

Lincoln, Massachusetts
“An unexpected pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

It's been a long dry spell since Holy Smokes. Thankfully, things are looking up now that Wildwood has opened up. They have great food and a very welcoming crew. The ribs were nice and lean, and perfectly seasoned. My only complaint is the lack of atmosphere. On the other hand, it is the cleanest bbq joint I've ever eaten at. Two thumbs up!

1 Thank mountainstephen
Northampton, MA
“Wildwood BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We finally went to the new barbeque place. Two adults and a 3 year old, we spent $26 and were full at the end. My daughter loved the mac and cheese and so did we. It has flavor, was it a hint of mustard? and a nice crust, excellent. The pulled pork was excellent and so was the pulled chicken. Collared greens, also done perfectly, not overcooked. I thought the jambalaya was excellent although too spicy for most. It is described as spicy on the menu. Seemed like real andouille. A local barbecue restaurant uses kielbasa which is not cool. Mashed potatoes were just mashed potatoes. Good small brewery beer on tap. The place is very clean and the staff is very competent. Oh and the barbecue sauce made with cocoa is extraordinarily good. In an area with a lot of mediocre restaurants this is one we will go back to when we need bbq.

1 Thank CuthbertJ
New Jersey
“Nice Barbeque addition to the Hadley area...you should stop in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went to Wildwood for dinner last night, without intentions to do so, but there it was another BBQ joint. I have to admit that I was pretty skeptical, because while sitting in the parking lot, I looked up a review, in which someone compared Wildwood to being in the same subpar league with Bub's BBQ. Let me start there, it's difficult to even describe Bub's as BBQ......it doesn't really fit the name. See my Bub's review for my thoughts on that.

Wildwood however, has a number of high points, and one disappointment for me. We had pulled pork, ribs, a taste of the beef brisket, garlic mash, mac and cheese, and cornbread. The pulled pork, garlic mash, and mac and cheese were smokin'. The brisket was good, but could be pulled into great with maybe a lower smoking temp and longer smoke. The ribs had a very nice smoke flavor, but they were a little dry and tough to remove from the bone. I think these would serve from a lower smoke temp and longer smoke too. They would be quite tender. Now for the cornbread.....My family has southern roots, so when I have tried cornbread in the northeast, I don't usually find any that hit the mark. Not sure what it is on this though, I should ask about ingredients. Finally, we had the carrot cake, and that was phenomenal. I also need to give a shout to the owner, who stopped to check in at each of the patrons tables............nice touch.........reminiscent of Holy Smokes.......hard to touch that place for anyone, but this place is of the best BBQ in the valley now. We have Smokey Bros, RJ's Grub, and Wildwood. Nice job Wildwood, I'm glad you're here.

1 Thank Lamar G