“Good for a quick trip when passing through”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge Hadley

Econo Lodge Hadley
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Sarasota, Florida
“Good for a quick trip when passing through”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Econo a Choice Hotel rewards program member and military friendly hotel chain gave me a great 5 night rate with a double bed while in town to visit my son, Rooms are a decent size with a midsize refrigerator and small working station to place your computer. The towels will leave lent all over your body so you may want to bring your own towels unless you do not mind, other than that this hotel is within walking distance of Whole Foods, Walmart, Duncan Donuts, Panera Bread and more so in a great location. They have a indoor pool which I have not used yet but my son and I will take a dip and let you know how that goes as well. If you make it this way Hadley is a great base location in between many other cities you can visit .

Room Tip: don't stay on the bottom floor unless you love to hear people stomping around above you all nigh...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fall River, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property for four nights on business. When I arrived I was pleasantly greeted by a young man. He smiled the whole time during my checkin and held eye contact when ever possible. He thanked me for choosing them for my stay, told me how to get to my room, stated the hours of the pool and breakfast, then stated his name (which I hate to say a month later I have forgotten) and told me to contact him if I needed anything at all. Out of all the hotels I have stayed at I have to say this employee was, by far, the best employee I have had the pleasure of meeting. Friendly and extremely professional. FYI managers, he is an asset to your property!

Once I arrived to my room I was surprised to see what I walked into. Lets face it, at an Econo Lodge we don't hold high expectations. Room was spacious with a king size bed and a table with chair to work on. The bathrooms were huge, larger than most hotels and clean. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows and the AC worked great!!

I didn't get any housekeeping service during my stay. So every morning I would ask the housekeeper on my floor for fresh towels and they too were friendly and professional.

Breakfast was basic but always clean and well stocked.

After my first night I left a room key at the desk for my husband along with his name. When he arrived the agent asked for his name and then his ID. As a female traveling alone, this made us feel that safety is one of their priorities. Thank you for that!!

Every time I walked by an employee I was always greeted with a smile. These employees truly know how to make you feel like a valued guest.

Keep you the great work!!

• Stayed July 2013
gmMA121, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hadley, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us! Using your review we were able to deduce which gentleman made your stay so memorable and recognize him for his efforts. I'm very excited you enjoyed our property and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Pomfret, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently stayed here for a 2 night weekend wedding. It was nice to have breakfast included, however, I am gluten free and the ONLY thing I could eat was an apple. Also, the pool was warm and enjoyable BUT there was hair floating around that did not belong to me. The shower also had long black hair on the floor which did not belong to me. The location was convenient to the wedding I was attending and staff was friendly so that made up for the pit falls.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Hadley hotels

Jakarta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Before we left in the morning of May 24th, I rush to shower and grabbed the towel on its rack with normal pressure. Accidentally one of the metal support of the racks fell off. I thought it just too loose and will be easily mounted back. Due to our limited time to check to continue our trip, we have no time to report this incident. We just thought that a decent hotel like Econo Lodge should not welcome their guest with such kind of lousy towel rack.

To my surprise, the hotel charged my credit card of $50 without my consent. A few days later, my wife tried to clarify this by coming directly to the hotel. But to no avail. I have never had this kind of experience during my over 30 years staying in many hotels around the world. I think this treatment is not fair and I will try my best to avoid staying in this hotel on my future trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rotfai
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Econo Lodge because they area was filled due to graduations at the local Universities. We found it surprisingly well above average. Clean, comfortable, courteous staff. Would definitely stay there again. This time without any trepidation!

Stayed May 2013
Farmington, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

It may have been a "coincidence" but we were told no double rooms were available when we checked in with a Priceline reservation (not possible to specify room type with Priceline). There was a Basketball Tournament that weekend so perhaps this was true. We were able to get a roll-away bed (I was traveling with my father and we didn't want to share a bed) which ended up being quite comfortable. Room was adequate but HBO did not work and on the second day of our two-day stay our room keys were cancelled and had to be re-set. They didn't "take" the first time and I had to return to the desk and have them re-set a second time. The night clerk made me feel as if I was inconveniencing her ... so we never bothered to re-request the HBO be fixed. The toilet leaked as did the faucet on the sink. Otherwise clean. Breakfast was adequate, no eggs and it is TERRIBLE to see that they use STYROFOAM! All in all we got what we paid for (and yes, we DID get a deal) but did not necessarily feel that we were valued guests or that our comfort was important.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank myxbze
gmMA121, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hadley, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests and create a better product. As a company that prides ourselves on our great customer service, I am concerned about your experience and I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you with regards to it. Certainly, we wish all our guests to feel welcomed and comfortable in our hotel.

At your service,
Ben Kowal, General Manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was the best Econo Lodge we've ever stayed at. It was very clean and super convenient to Amherst. It was also right between a Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods so perfect! Customer service was also excellent. Our shower drain was a bit clogged and we mentioned it to the night desk person who said he'd have it taken care of the next day. We didn't remember to remind them in the morning but when we got back the next night, it had been taken care of anyways. Breakfast was very basic but for the price, it was fine. I would recommend this hotel to others traveling to the Amherst area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Comfort Inn
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Hotel UMass
Hotel UMass
#1 of 3 in Amherst

Been to Econo Lodge Hadley? Share your experiences!