Econo Lodge Hadley
Rodeway Inn(Hadley)
Amherst Motel(Amherst)
Hotel UMass(Amherst)
View Hotel
All reviewswhole foodsroom was cleanwalking distancelaundry facilities areincluded a continental breakfasta large shopping mallfree wifidunkin donutsmy daughterwould stay againliquor storeironing boardindoor poolchain hotellong weekendamherst collegehot breakfast
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel offers clean, comfortable rooms and is located on the main drag (Rt 9) to Amherst. Urns for coffee and tea reside in the lobby and are available 24 hours. They also offer complimentary newspapers. Breakfast in the morning is the usual “continental” fare that many motels provide, i.e. nothing to write home about. But how much can you expect for what you are paying? If you want to avoid restaurant fare for a meal or two, a strip mall that includes Whole Foods is conveniently located directly behind the Econo Lodge. Our room was pleasant and clean. It was located on the first floor that faced the parking lot. During the day we had to draw the curtains close for privacy. However, the room had sufficient lighting and this did not pose any real problem. The bathroom sink was located in the bathroom—not the bedroom. I guess having a sink in the bedroom area probably makes it faster to get dressed and ready for the day—particularly for a family of four or five. Personally, I like to brush my teeth in private. If you are looking for comfort and reasonable rates, this motel is a good choice.

Room Tip: If you want daylight, avoid the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at this Econo Lodge several times as I visit my son @ college/UMass
Clean, Comfortable, affordable, and continental breakfast in the morning. The Dunkin Donuts Next door is an added bonus. Even my Mom & Sister have stayed, and would not stay anywhere else. Mall is close, shopping, eats.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Basic, but clean, comfortable, well-located. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was my second year staying a night with my daughter who was attending umass amherst vet camp. my mistake for waiting too long to book beacuase all of a sudden everything was sold out like the comfort inn which we had stayed at last year. tried to book online in a panic -got the last room here at a triple a discount and made the mistake of hitting back and lost the room. called the hotel and they couldnt give me that discount now but had that one room which I booked in a panic. So when I checked in and entered the room I was assaulted by a super strong chemical smell that appeared to be coming from the handicap bathroom. I tried to open the windows best I could but since its on the 1st floor wasnt much. Went to the front desk and they gave me a spray febreeze like thing. Even after vigorous spraying that underlying harsh smell remained. When I picked up my daughter and took her to the room all she could say was what is that smell? As i said we stayed at the comfort inn maybe 7 minutes down the road the year before , had a fridge and a lovely room for so much less .. motto of the story i guess is book early, these amherst hotels sell out for sports shows ect in may and can charge whatever they want because of the demand , many different buses at this hotel. very disappointed how much I paid for the really basic room and that terrible smell...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is good, clean, basic hotel. Great friendly staff.

Would stay again in area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family