“Not worth the money we paid.”

Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Stratford, Connecticut
“Not worth the money we paid.”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We picked this hotel for our anniversary get-away even though it was on the expensive side because they had a "beautiful hot tub and indoor pool." But, we were disappointed to find out that the hot tub was closed and the pool water was so cold I couldn't get in. The desk clerk didn't bother to tell us that the hot tub was closed or we wouldn't have stayed. We had walked all day and were really looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub. It would have been nice if they would have offered something for the inconvenience and I would probably not be writing this bad review. The breakfast was good though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience you encountered at our facility. Our website was updated with a travel advisory due to our hot tub being down for repair, but nonetheless, I'm disappointed you were not able to experience the hotel the way you had envisioned it. I'd love to speak with you to arrange something nice for a future date that would allow you to enjoy the hotel for a night away! Please reach out at your earliest convenience to discuss the possibilities. Thank you for leaving your feedback, I hope to speak with you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed there on June 9, 2014 for one evening. It was pleasantly spacious, clean, well appointed and well maintained. I was very impressed and would stay there again. Though the coffee was a little weak, having a quick bite before departing was also nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, away from the main road.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank EjwEsq
florida
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while I was helping my daughter pack up to come home for the summer. The front desk employees were helpful and friendly as always. I asked for a room on the first floor and it was very nice - much easier than using the elevator and pulling suitcases. They had a nice table of cookies, brownies, drinks etc one day for students who graduated. The free breakfast was good two days out of three. One day the eggs were cold and sausage was dry. The room was nice and I slept well. We will definitely stay here again when we visit. A good deal for what you pay. Parking was excellent (I always found a space near the front entrance).On our way out, my daughter & I were struggling with our luggage and an employee helped us with our luggage - very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Danvers, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel is clean, comfortable, and convenient. The staff welcomed us warmly, and this feeling lasted throughout our stay. The wi-fi was somewhat weak, but other than that the stay was very nice. Professionally managed hotel.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room at the back of the building and if you park in the back you will be very clos...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kolkata
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Delightful little hotel - completely self service, one has to just eat breakfast to know what self service means! They have an automatic pancake maker, that actually makes pancakes on its own! A first time experience for me...Large rooms, very comfortable bathrooms, sparkling clean, on the main highway - a great choice for parents like me taking their children to UMass.

Room Tip: Rooms off the highway have lesser noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Goleta, California
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I love this hotel. Free breakfast that includes omelets, potatoes, pancakes, cinnamon rolls (you HAVE to try these!), muffins, toast, and all sorts of drinks. And free daily cookies around 3 p.m. It is close to the Hampshire Mall, however, you have to jaywalk to get to the mall (there aren't any intersections close by). The room was very comfortable except the walls seemed to be thin when a rowdy bunch became my neighbors and talked loudly (I could hear everything) late into the night. The wi-fi was not very strong either. Overall, though, great service, great food, and great rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bronx, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Hotel is clean and bright. Furniture is clean/attractive and room is set up well (although I moved the ottoman after I crashed into the second time). Comfortable bed, nice large bathroom with plenty of towels and shelves to get stuff out of the way. Stayed on the third floor, away from revelers and it was quiet. Front desk staff were very professional, well-trained. I was with a group of crazed middle aged people in town for a wedding and the staff took our weirdness in stride. Restaurants, shops, CVS, etc. nearby. Quick ride to downtown Amherst. My companions were unhappy with the breakfast but I have seen so much worse. There were yogurts, fruit, bagels and cereal if the hot options were not appealing. The breakfast room was not right off the front door as in so many places, so was a nice area to sit and chat in. And the WiFi worked.

Room Tip: Go for third floor, not facing the pool if you can. The elevator is slow though.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#6 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley? Share your experiences!