“Remodeled Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Remodeled Hotel”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was a visit to the UMass campus to reconnect with old friends. This hotel isn't far from the campus but will require a car as it is too far to walk. the only restaurants within walking distance are of the fast food variety. the room were convenient suite styled rooms. the hotel was fairly noisy as many staying were part of a youth hockey tournament. the noise I did hear was mostly from the youngsters. If it had been mostly adults I think it would have been quieter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JimKal
Stephanie C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear JimKal,

Your willingness to share your recent experience here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites is genuinely appreciated. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite and the renovations we just completed on the hotel.

We sincerely apologize for the noise level you encountered during your stay with us. You can always alert the front desk staff of any noise disturbances and our staff will take it from there. We want all of our guests to be able to relax and get a good night's sleep during their stay.

I want you to know the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience.

Alexandrea W
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was your standard Holiday Inn Express. They warned me there was renovation work going on - even calling ahead to let me know -though they said it should not affect my stay. It didn't. What did affect my stay was the air conditioning system. There was only one room temperature-"too hot." But even more frustrating was the internet which was inconsistent, sometimes cutting out all together. And I was unable to use my cell phone as they AT&T signal at the hotel in my room (143) was too weak. The people were nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Tripp F,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We are deeply sorry that the heating/AC unit and internet quality inconvenienced your stay. Your comfort and experience is our top priority and we want to know how to make it better for any future stays with us. Thankfully, your comments have prompted us to look into the units on the first floor and our internet service. It looks like there was a slight problem with our internet router, which we were able to pin down the problem and correct. Our chief engineer also looked into all the units and serviced them recently. We always strive to do our best by all of our guests. Please feel free to contact the General Manager at your convenience, to further discuss your stay with us.

At Your Service,
Stephanie C
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here last night. Our room was just ok. The back of the bathroom door was stained along with the carpet. We needed to turn off the heat due to the excessive noise. Our room was right outside of the elevator so we heard the bing/bong every time the doors opened. I don't know other prices of hotels in the area but it seemed pricey for what you get. I will try a different hotel the next time we come back to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Vacationingisthebest,
Your feedback is a great way for the hotel to improve. We really appreciate it, thank you. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the heater and elevator caused. Your comfort at the hotel is a top priority for us. I am happy to say we are renovating the rooms with new carpeting, lighting fixtures and much more. Please contact the hotel directly; the management team would love to hear more about your stay. We really appreciate your feedback.
Thank you.
Best Regards
Stephanie C
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights while visiting family in the area. The staff was friendly - they spoke to us each time we came in or went out. The contintental breakfast was the best I've ever seen, from bagels, muffins, got cinnamon rolls, and precooded omelets to pancakes! Coffee was always available. We had 3 in our room of 2 beds, but there was room for our suitcases; the bathroom was large. It was right on Route 9, with plenty of restaurants nearby, along with other shopping. We'll stay here again!

Room Tip: We had one towards the back - so had no road noise at all.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Vatican City, Italy
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Staff very helpful-friendly and hotel VERY clean. Bedding variable. My room had 2 queens one of the beds was like sleeping on rocks. Furniture ready for replacement. Make that an update for all rooms. Average short stay hotel. Breakfast (or so they call it that) is included and the coffee is drinkable. The food is partially edible. The best part of breakfast was watching the customers ask the staff, "What is that?", pointing at the breakfast options. If it is unidentifiable you may be in trouble. You do get a free paper...almost. The room was over $200 per night. Talk about rip off. Not much competition in the area. It is basically a Motel 8 room. The facility is good but the CRAZY pricing throws it into a poor rating zone. There are plenty of places nearby to eat breakfast. LOL

Room Tip: 3 Floors Top would be quitest
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank LinusBF2
Stephanie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hello LinusBF2,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am happy to say that the hotel will be starting phase 2 of our property improvement plan. This phase of the plan includes brand new furniture, lighting, and drapery, along with brand new carpeting. We are looking forward to the completion of this improvement plan in early 2013. Thank you for your feedback as it will help us strive to become a better hotel. I am terribly sorry about your experience you encountered at the hotel. We hope you will be willing to try the hotel in the future.
Best Regards,
Stephanie Chueng
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a nice hotel, clean, centrally located, friendly staff but very pricey for a Holiday Inn Express in our travel experience. All went well and no reason not to recco if price no object or if being close to colleges critical.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 22, 2012

may 2011 book a room for graduation in may 2012. was told I had to book 2 consecutive nights, which I did. also had to pay $100. deposit .Was never given a contract to sign. In February 2012 found out my nephew was not graduating and tried to change my reservation to Sept.2012. when he was going to finish. I was told that I could change my dates but would have to leave another $100. deposit because I was losing my previous deposit. Was told that they told me that on the phone when I made initail reservation! Again nothing in writing.Then I was told if they booked my room he would consider giving me back my deposit.Called the day I was suppose to arrive to see if there were any rooms, Was told they were booked entire weekend. called the manager to tell him and he said it was a mistake by the girl on the phone,that were not booked entire weekend. Big college graduation I am sure they were booked and rebooked my room.

Room Tip: choose another place
Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank maryann m
Stephanie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Maryann M.,
Thank you for taking your time to review the Holiday Inn Express. I apologize for the experience you had with this hotel. As the new General Manager, I am deeply concerned about what occurred After reviewing the information you provided it appears the only reservations aside from graduation packages that require an advance deposit are our "Summer Special Offer." If you would be willing to contact me directly, I would like to gather some further information about your reservation to better help resolve this issue.

Thank you very much.
At Your Service,
Stephanie C.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#5 of 7 in Hadley
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley? Share your experiences!