“Awesome variety and friendly service”
Review of Route 9 Diner - CLOSED

Route 9 Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place is awesome...never disappoints! The menu is extensive and everything I've ordered has been delicious. Try the black and white waffle or the grilled chicken sandwich with avacado.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stumbled on the diner and were surprised at how good the food was. The challah french toast was the best french toast I've ever had. The clam chowder was tasty, clammy, but a little thinner than I expect in New England. But here's the amazing thing- I order a cup, and out came a bowl. It turns out that at the Rt 9 diner, everything is super-sized. I have no idea what container a bowl of soup comes in, but it would be a meal in itself! The other meals we saw going by to other customers looked equally tasty and quantities larger than a normal human can consume in a sitting. The service is attentive and helpful.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Route 9 diner is what it is. A good greasy spoon (I mean that as a compliment) breakfast diner. The choices range from predictable to esoteric. i have tried a few different regular meals and found them to be tasty, quickly served and big. The wait staff are friendly and are quick to refill your mug. Overall, if you are a breakfast fan, you can' go wrong. Give Rt. 9 a try

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just were snowbound in Hadley Hotel for 15 hours, travel ban on all roads during superstorm Nemo! When ban was lifted my Son and I headed out to find some grub. Nothing open, lot's still needed plowing, then...over the horizon, The Route 9 diner came to life! It was open..and we were greeted and sat immediately. Huge menu, Breakfast, lunch & dinner. Waitress super nice, not very busy. Decided on a sandwich, my son had a burger. Everything came out super fast, drinks replenished, and made to order. Great experience, Thanked on our way out.

1  Thank hoodoo2003
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Below average food IMO. I love diners but the once is enough for me, the food is just o.k. It is a good place to take kids, but my grandchildren like better food that they serve.

Thank MarthaL.