“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Old Saybrook, United States
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed in one of the whirlpool rooms, which was lovely. The whirlpool was in the bedroom not the bath so it was spacious and you could relax and watch TV if you wanted. The toilet was comfort height, which is unusual for hotels. And ear plugs were provided on the night stand! Beautiful a room, clean and very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Since its opening years ago, this hotel has maintained its friendly service, wide range of breakfast food, cleanliness, and good value. Both fitness center and indoor pool, while impeccably maintained, are small. Staff are knowledgeable about the area and uniformly helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Ithaca, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

While on the trip, my car broke. The front desk was quite helpful in hailing a cab to get me to my appointment on time. The front desk crew and the general manager were extremely helpful in guiding me to restaurants ... and to a mechanic who fixed my car on a Sunday! Excellent customer service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

beriley, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Blaine F.,
I trust you made it home safe and sound! It was a pleasure visiting with you. Tristen was happy to get a message from you that all is well. Even though you had that car trouble we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Our best to you always and hope to see you on your next trip to this area.
Massachusetts, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Came to visit Umass Amherst and stayed overnight due to an early tour. This hotel is only 10 min from the school. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. Our room was very comfortable. I would def stay here again

1 Thank Locomodo
Hello Locomodo,
So thankful that you had a good time at our hotel. We appreciate your recognition and kind words. I hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
General Manageer
North Greenbush
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent location near great restaurants. Variety of coffee and tea available in lobby at all times. Good complimentary breakfast. Very clean pool was well stocked with towels. Will definitely visit again.

Dear Elizabeth G,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our hotel and staff. Everyone appreciated your gracious review and we are very happy you had a great stay. We look forward to your next visit to the area. If there is any thing I can do to assist you don't hesitate to contact me.
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our room was nice and clean. The hotel was very quiet. The bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed a great nights sleep and a delicious breakfast in the morning. The only issue I can find is that the lid on the toilet tank was too small and it rattled when we used the toilet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear katerpoo,
Thank you for the kind words and praise. We always appreciate reviews from our guests. It keeps us on our toes! See you on your next visit.
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The main reason that I'm giving this hotel four stars is because the staff was really accommodating with my reservation. I had to change my original reservation twice because I got sick and wasn't able to continue my trip as planned. The woman I spoke with at reception (Bridget) was extremely understanding and let me change the dates of my reservation without a problem. I had originally called the main Hilton line to modify my reservation and the agent I spoke with cancelled the reservation before I could even ask if I could change the date. I ended up getting disconnected from that person and just called the hotel directly which was much more productive than dealing with the general Hilton call center. A huge thank you to Bridget for taking care of my reservation!

The hotel is your typical Hampton Inn which to me means clean and convenient. The room was nice though my heater/AC unit was really loud (I arrived late and decided just to turn it off instead of get a new room). The front desk was helpful in suggesting places to eat late at night and the breakfast staff was friendly as well. The gym is nice and clean and breakfast was well stocked.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear mgott26,
Thank you for stopping by and writing your review of our hotel and staff.
Bridget is pleased and sends her thanks that you commented on her service. I am really pleased to have her on our staff. She has exceptional service skills. I apologize for the loud hvac, we would have liked to move you to another room. Please do not hesitate to call Front Desk for assistance with any issue.
We look forward to your next visit.
Betsy Riley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
#4 of 7 in Hadley
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Northampton

Been to Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst? Share your experiences!