Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
$125
$107
QualityInn
$63
All reviewscookiescomplimentary breakfastexcellent stayice waterwafflesgreat place to staycoffee and teawould definitely stay here againroom was cleanfree internetfresh fruiteasy accesshampshire collegecomfortable staymy daughterwe've stayedthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have a child going to college near by. Lots to do, great restaurants and family activities to keep everyone busy. The hotel in on the newer side, is extremely clean and the staff very helpful. The breakfast bar is fully stocked and waffles are also available. The warm cookies available after 5pm are lovely to come back to.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was adequate for my business travel -- I stayed 2 nights, the room was quiet (even though earplugs were provided), things worked -- I liked the little charging station next to the bed, there was a good selection of television programming, and the bathroom vanity was nice and large. On the down side, the room was much colder than what registered on the thermostat -- not a big deal, but had me changing the 'stat when I'd wake up in the middle of the night. The front desk response to my question "Do you provide bottles of water to guests or do I have to purchase it?" was "Water is available in the vending machine." So, no, unlike probably every single Hampton Inn where I've ever stayed, this one does not give you a bottle -- or bottles -- of water. Also, the room did not have a frige or microwave. There was an in-room coffee maker, single cup, not very good coffee.

I did not explore the hotel for its workout room (I might have found some water in there ;)) or business center, nor did I check out the breakfast other than to grab a yogurt and banana. Housekeeping services were fine with the exception of my broken ironing board. I managed to perch the malfunctioning board on the bed to iron on my day of arrival and, on my way out of the hotel the next morning, asked the front desk to either have the board fixed or replaced. I saw the guy take a note as I spoke, however, upon my return that evening, same broken board was perched in same spot on bed. Funny that the housekeeper worked around it -- or took it off to make the bed, then put it back in the same place??!

The weather was pretty bad when I was in town, so I opted to try a couple of local delivery restaurants (menus provided by the front desk) for dinners vs. going into town (I heard there were some great restaraunts there) -- one was a Chinese / Japanese place, the other pizza. I'd pass next time on the Chinese / Japanese delivery place -- I tried a number of items, none of which would be repeated. really glad I didn't order sushi. And while the second evening's pizza was good, the driver was not notified that I had ordered - and paid for - water (theme here?!), so the water was not delivered, nor were the mushrooms on my pizza. Alas!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable stay -- smallish room, bed with crisp sheets and soft duvet, easily-accessible electric outlets, breakfast with newspapers, many protein products, and fresh fruit. I expect I'll stay there on my next trip to the Pioneer Valley.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Chaucerian
Reviewed July 4, 2013

All round good stay, value. This is located near UMass Amherst, Hampshire College, Amherst College, Smith and Mt Holyoke. It's a really happening area with lot's to do, good biking, hiking, sense of community and the whole college town deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Location was perfect for our trip to Northampton. We were quite satisfied with the room, service and quality of breakfast, especially the bagel egg bacon concoction. The tv channel choices were quite sufficient. The A/C was quiet and worked well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple