“Nice Place”

Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a nice Hampton with a newly rrevamped fitness center that is fantastic. If you are a runner the treadmills are great. There also is a nice range in free weights. Breakfast variety is nice with plenty of good healthy options (oh and waffles)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 8, 2013

As I write this, I am awaiting Nemo to come bury me at this hotel. In the area with my daughter to visit colleges and this seemed convenient to the schools in the area. the rooms are a decent size for two people and the bathroom is also fine. I like that they wash the duvet covers in between guests; our room was also very clean. the staff couldn't be lovelier - friendly and helpful. we had intended to check out Saturday morning but, of course, with Nemo coming, it looked like travel on that day would probably be impossible. they booked us for an extra night and said that I could check out whenever I wanted with no penalty. They also then said that they were very likely to lose power during the storm and cheerfully checked on which hotels in the area had generators (surprisingly, only one and that one was fully booked). So then they suggested that we move down to the first floor which would be warmer in case we lost power and moved our things while we were out at an appointment. the breakfast area and food is very nice - lots of options, including protein sources - hard boiled eggs, omelets or scrambled eggs, bacon or (nice touch) turkey sausage, plus oatmeal, make your own waffles (haven't tried those), yogurt, cereal, fruit salad, + a nice selection of whole fruit. Hotel also has coffee & tea available most of the time and cookies or brownies in the afternoon/evening. Not gourmet, but a nice gesture. All in all, a great deal for the money and a really cheerful and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LauraRalph
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just back from our second stay at Hampton Inn, Hadley. Hampton is a frequent choice for us in other parts of the USA, and we've found some better than others. This particular Hampton has been freshened up with new decor and is very clean and bright. Front desk staff were unfailingly courteous and helpful. On a cold, blustery evening, we felt warm and secure, and in the morning we were not far from our meeting destination in Amherst. Housekeeping impeccable. Both of us are allergic to feathers, and there were no slip-ups in getting non-feather bedding. Since we love the Pioneer Valley and Berkshires, we want to have another getaway here in warmer weather, making our accommodations again at the Hampton Inn, Hadley.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton inn just for a quick overnight on our way to points north in Vermont. We were very pleased with the friendly staff, cleanliness and conveniet location to Route 91. The beds were very comfortable and as most Hampton Inns, there were lots of thoughtful little touches...cookies at the front desk at check in, an electronics charging station in the room, free wifi, free hot breakfast...even a little packet of ear plugs which my daughter used, as she is not accustomed to sleeping in the same room as other people and the little noises of others snoring/coughing/rustling around bothered her.
The hotel has been recently remodeled and was very attractive with a comfortable breakfast area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here for a romantic get away weekend. The Hampton Inn is nicely located just off the main road, so no drone of traffic noise. The room had a 2 person hot tub in the room, yes in the middle of the room! Kind of odd, but nice. The coffee in the morning was terrible!!!!! I really like the Hampton Inn, very comfortable, nicely appointed, and friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed in Rm 309 which is on the top floor, back of the building. There was no freeway noise in my room, but it does back on to a phone company so I did hear trucks pull into that parking lot. I was already up so no problem, but if you want to sleep in, the front of the building might be better. The room was clean, though I definitely smelled the strong Febreeze other reviewers talked about. I have allergies and chemical sensitivity, so I always travel with an air filter--which took care of the scent. The BEST part was the hotel staff had already put the non-feather bedding I requested (while reserving online) in my room BEFORE I checked in. Anyone with allergies knows how huge this is. Excellent customer service.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank grayestone
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have stayed here a couple times when visiting for medical appointments in the area. I am a long-time Hampton Inn fan. I like the hotel, its location, the facilities, the cleanliness, and everything else about it EXCEPT the overuse of Febreze or whatever air freshener it is.

We just left from a recent stay there, and when I gave my child I hug I noticed that the Febreze smell was clinging in his hair, even. Please lay off the spray. There are better ways to create a fresh, clean smell than hosing down all the sheets and pillows with chemicals. There are a lot of people who are sensitive to scents and chemicals, so at least consider setting aside a handful of "scent free" rooms for people like me who need or want that.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank redsox_baby1227
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst
#5 of 7 in Hadley
Hotel Northampton
Hotel Northampton
#2 of 5 in Northampton

Been to Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst? Share your experiences!