“Excellent for coffee, pastries, deli lunch”
Review of Esselon Cafe

Esselon Cafe
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Hadley
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Esselon cafe is an award winning café featuring fresh roasted coffee, rare and exotic teas, and a full menu. Esselon is centrally located between Amherst and Northampton, on Route 9 on The Common in Hadley, MA, with ample parking. Esselon offers outdoor dining during the Spring, Summer and Fall months in our gardens. You'll love the casual atmosphere, the rich décor, and our friendly, upbeat staff. Esselon offers breakfast Monday through Friday and an award winning brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 3pm. We feature seasonal specials as well as a regular brunch menu. Esselon Cafe has a full bistro lunch menu and an extensive dinner menu Monday through Saturday. A substantial wine selection and local craft brewed beers are also available. Enjoy iced and brewed coffee beverages, iced and hot teas and seasonal drinks, plus pastries, baked goods, and fresh sandwiches ready for quick and easy pick up.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Liked the blackboard menu, pastries and good service though front end of assembly line a bit intimidating for first-timers. Great decor and ambience in this quiet spot between Amherst and Northampton.

1  Thank James S

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Oh how much I like this place. They serve Salad with breakfast, how cool is that! I use to live in Amherst and now I have moved to Cambridge but still sometimes I drive their on a weekends to enjoy this place.

1  Thank PeopleKnowMe
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Poached eggs are delicious. Food is local and terrific. Coffee excellent. So good that is sometimes hard to get a spot and local readers and students seem to camp out a bit longer than would seem reasonable but they can't be blamed. Really great place

2  Thank sledxl
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have been stopping at Esselon for a few years now, usually getting coffee and something sweet on my way to my mom's in North Amherst. I brought my daughter there this weekend for dinner and had an incredible meal! We started by sharing appetizers; crab cake with cilantro sauce for her, sweet potato/corn/smokey bacon soup for me. So delicious! Then I had the salmon special with caramelized onions, pine nuts over spinach and sweet potatoes. Divine! My daughter had squash gnocci with spinach and parmesan. Also delice! We took home carrot cake and a gluten-free lemon cupcake... yum. Must see mom more often....

1  Thank avanoe
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I usually like this place but I dropped by today to get something to go as I had a very busy day ahead. They told me they are not set up for "take out on weekends"!!!!!.. Really????? I was going to get soup, how hard are is that? Aren't people busy on the weekends? I was very disappointed and it has affected my view of the place.

1  Thank Nepalisathi