“Whole experience”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The best steaks, unbeatable service and cozy ambiance. They also have an excellent wine list. This is not only a restaurant is an experience in itself. I could eat here everyday. Either for a romantic dinner or to be with your friends you don't want to miss Gibbet.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I had a date night here. We sat right near the window overlooking the rolling green hills. SO beautiful!

I'm vegetarian and he ISN'T. Sometimes it's hard to find a place where we are both 100% happy. This place was perfect for both of us!

For drinks my husband had a local brew (gotta love when restaurants support local breweries!) and I had some fancy tequila drink. I can't remember the name, but the waitress was fantastic with suggestions.

For an appetizer we shared the "Fiddlehead and Asparagus Bruschetta". Goat cheese fondue, ramps and toasted ciabatta - we all but licked the plate! SOOOO good.

For his main dish my husband got the 24oz porterhouse. He said it was his top 5 steaks of all time. You were able to choose 2 sides. He had onion rings and homemade Mac and Cheese (yup, I had some of his sides...SO good!)

For my main dish I had the "Gibbet Hill Salad" - Mixed greens, cranberries, honey-mustard vinaigrette and Westfield Farms goat cheese. I also got a side of Parsnip and Vermont Cheddar Gratin. My husband wasn't a HUGE fan of this...but I was! So creamy and yummy!

We will definitely be coming back!

If I had ANY suggestions for improvement it would be to have maybe ONE more vegetarian main dish (they had a potato gnocchi, but that was such a heavy dish. If they had a quinoa with kale and other veggies main dish for example...I would have been jumping for joy!)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went to Gibbet Hill for Easter dinner, so their was a special menu that night. We had an excellent seat in the silo, looking out on the farm where the trees on the hill silhouetted against a dusky sky. How peaceful! The food was excellent, presented beautifully and the children (ages 8 and 19) were happy with the kids menu, which even included steak. Desserts were made on the premises and were delicious. All around lovely experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Great farm to table restaurant! Nice casual atmosphere. Great service. Food is fresh and great! Lamb Shank or Shepard's Pie are not to be missed.

Good for a great dinner out or for a special occasion.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent chef prepared dishes but a bit pricey. Terrific atmosphere and very clean. Views of surrounding farm setting with grazing cows. Good place for a wedding or family function.