“Terrible Service”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Main Street Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: We Have Homemade All Day Breakfast, Lunch, Pastries And Gourmet Coffee
Reviewed December 27, 2013

If this place wasn't the only game in town, they would be out of business. I have been here several times, but only because it is conveniently located next to my bank in the center of town. The staff is the rudest group I have ever witnessed. I went in for coffee today and 3 employees walked right by me with out even acknowledging me. One guy was on his cell phone and asked if the other person was waiting on me. I said no and he continued to talk on the phone. When he finally took my order, he couldn't figure out how to give me change. This is consistent with previous experiences at this place.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great food, but waiting a long time. Everything seems to be prepared from scratch. I had an amazing rendering of corned beef hash and eggs one Sunday morning - blew my mind good! Live music on Friday nights. Great Main St. attraction. Must try!

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been here quite a few times both for just coffee as well as breakfast in Sunday mornings. I have been here through a few changes in management. The food is good and it is fresh. Yes the service may be a bit slow but the atmosphere is very relaxing. I enjoy the place

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Driving back to Boston after an antique shopping excursion found us in Groton, starving, at 2:00. The place we usually stop at was closed for the holiday so we decided to give the Main Street Cafe a try before turning desperate and hitting a DDs.

A bit rag tag on the inside, but they delivered a solid sandwich and omelet. Coffee was good and plentiful, and I don't mind helping myself. Staff didn't particularly seem to care if you were there or not, excuding a "whatever" kind of charm.

Better than a chain any day of the week ...

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in the area for the first time to visit a local business and stopped by on a Saturday around lunchtime. Their signboard said Breakfast served all Day, so I couldn't resist. I had the bacon and cheese quiche and it was filling. They had around a dozen types of flavored coffees to pick from. My companion had an omelet and it was good too. We had to wait a while, but it was peak time.

1  Thank erica_traveler