“Great for take out!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This small restaurant has very, very good Italian food. We live in a neighboring town and it is easy for us to get take out. The food is always hot when we pick it up. The antipasto salad is so tasty with all of the marinated meat, veggies and fish!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife & I along with three other couples had dinner at Filho's Cucina in Groten this past Saturday, 2/1/14. And, everyone agreed the meals were awesome. The best Italian food outside of the North End. It's a small and noisy place so don't come here if you're looking for a romantic evening. But if you are looking for great Italain food at very reasonable prices this is the place for you. Because of our large party we had a 45-60 minute wait. We had brought wine since this is a BYOB arrangement so the wait was no problem with our wine to sip. Conveniently there is a liquor store attached so when my bottle of wine ran dry I quickly got another for our meal. We were seated off the main dining area which suited us fine. It was like we were at a friend's house for dinner. I had the Linguine Misto. It's a mix of chicken, shrimp, and hot Italian sausage with mushrooms, capers and basil over linguine. The pasta sauce was superb with a nice bite to it from the hot sausage. My wife had the linguine & white clam sauce which she loved. There were a couple of veal dishes and chicken that were also raved about. We'll definitely be back. The meal is well worth any wait you might run into.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Soon as we walked in, both a lady behind the counter and one of the young girls who worked the tables greeted us with a cheery welcome. One of the girls asked us if it was our first time in their place (it was), and she took the time to pleasantly and thoroughly describe how the place operated. You seat yourself, then order at the counter, then get your own napkins, water, utensils. They will bring the food to you, along with bread. They will also clear the table after the meal. We tried to sit on a table for two to free up a larger table in case a larger group needed it; however the waitress insisted we take the larger table to give ourselves more room.

It’s BYOB. There is a well stocked beer and liquor store right next door, in the same edifice. We did that (bought wine/beer and then walked back to FIlho's with it), and so were most of the other tables. Most customers though seem to do take out; the place is plainly popular with the locals.

I ordered that night’s special; a pasta pescatore dish. My dinner buddy had the pollo marsala. Also had the bruschetta and one of the salads. It was all superbly flavored and portions sufficient. Ingredients tasted fresh. Price point really reasonably priced. Someone made a comment that this place only takes cash; that’s not correct. They do accept credit cards. We had a nice dinner. I can’t believe we haven’t eaten here in our prior holidays to the area. I love this place! Wish we had a place such as this near our home.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

If you are looking for simple yet great italian food, then you have come to the right place. If you are looking for romance, you are not. This is a byob, first come first serve, establishment. You place an order at the counter and either take it to go or wait for a table. There is a wine/liquor store attached (brilliant placement!) and even a cut-through in the restaurant. It's a loud, lively environment...worth visiting, and re-visiting....but we also enjoy take-out...frequently! We've never had a bad meal.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is so special-honestly order anything and you will love it. I especially like their home made soups. The house salad with grilled chicken is fantastic. I've used then many times for catering you can't go wrong!