“Still best in the area”

Ranked #2 of 5 Greenfield B&B and Inns
amherst, ma
“Still best in the area”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Loved our repeat stay. Sean is a very solicitous host and Heather's freshly baked blueberry muffin was terrific. Breakfast, as usual, is very generous with choices of cold cereals and/or hot entrees cooked to order. We particularly enjoyed the lighted fireplace and glass of wine.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank localdoc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Camuy, Puerto Rico
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This past weekend I spent another wonderful night at this marvelous house. I often travel from my home in the Caribbean to visit my daughter and husband and our visit is not complete until we visit The Brandt House. The house, the decor and the grounds are beautiful but what makes it perfect is the owner and his staff. Few places can share this special gift. Try it out you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Suite All rooms offer their own good qualities but suite 1 and 9 offer a fireplace that is a go...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Felipe M
sarasota, florida
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Brandt House has so many public rooms, and oh ! that porch ! The reason I stay in a B and B is so that I don't have to be cooped up in my room. The porch at Brandt House was an amazing place to in Autumn--leaf showers, crisp air, color and movement-what a feast for the eyes ! Our room was delightul and the breakfast was amazing--so many choices that I cannot imagine anyone not finding something to please them ! At our table, so many charming and interesting guests. The staff was so helpful, gracious and informative that they really added to may stay ! I'll be back to claim that rocking chair on the porch next Fall !

Room Tip: There are some smaller rooms, so if you want a large room, you should ask !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico, New York, USA
Reviewed October 24, 2013

A wonderful place to stay, great atmosphere and wonderful hospitality. The house itself is breathtaking and comfortable. Our room was exquisite and inviting. My favorites were the fireplace and the deep soaking tub. I did find it odd that the furnishings and decor ran a gamut of periods and styles, which were unsettling to me and just not my taste.

Another strange revelation was that the front door is never locked! Since I smoke, I always make sure I know exactly where to go, and how to get back in! I will admit that the house not being locked made me feel uneasy, after all it is certainly not secluded.

Breakfast left a lot to be desired for the amount of money it cost to stay there and upon leaving my friend and I stopped at a diner for omelets and coffee.

Overall, this B&B should appeal to many types of people and I would stay again knowing what to expect and plan accordingly for what I find to be deficiencies.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tr8cie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have never stayed at a B&B before, but if they all are like this, I'm hooked. Friendly service, great food and beautiful rooms. The staff was very accommodating. The views were phenomenal. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

On arrival we received a great welcome from Cathy, who was in the middle of baking a cake for the guests. We weren't really expecting much from Brandt House, just an overnight stop, but this place is an absolute gem. The house is beautiful with a number of little nooks in which to relax and enjoy this quiet and idyllic location and we enjoyed strolling in the pretty garden.

The breakfast was extensive with much use of local ingredients and we appreciated the small and unexpected touches like a fresh apple on departure for the journey.
Just wish we'd planned a longer stay.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Aurinkon
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 19, 2013

One of the best places i have ever stayed in the US. Beautiful location and amazing property. Recommend it for anyone who wishes to escape and have an incredible stay in a fantastic bed and breakfast.
Beautiful and comfortable rooms, amazing hosts, great breakfast, and just a fantastic house to stay in for a few days

Room Tip: all rooms amazing, for single, couple or family use
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
#5 of 7 in Hadley
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield

Been to Brandt House? Share your experiences!