“Friendly people, lovely house, good price”
Review of Brandt House

Brandt House
Ranked #2 of 5 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I wanted to say business for this trip, since the six family members in my party were in Greenfield to help my mother move, not for leisure :-)

We stayed at the Brandt House, because it was actually cheaper than any of the motels out by I-91. We were so glad we did, becuase it was a relaxing "home away from home", particularly after my mother's house was in disarray from packing.

The house is a huge victorian, and makes a great B&B - I can't believe it was a single family house when I was a kid.

The new owners are friendly, and I understand they have retained the same great staff. The breakfast was delicious, the room clean, and hot water plentiful for a shower. We enjoyed the common spaces (living romm with fire in the fireplace, "sun porch") for impromptu family discussions and just relaxing.

I will stay at the Brandt House whenever I am in Greenfield in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed March 9, 2011

I love the Brandt House. I stay in hotels 125 nights of year for work about 15 of those nights at the Brandt House. It feels like a home away from home. The new ownership has picked up right where they old left off. The same friendly staff, warm feel, and great breakfast with homemade bread. The new ownership has added some decorative changes that have added to the classy yet homey feel. I highly recommend the Brandt House for business or vacation travelers. Love this place!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here one night on Valentine's Day weekend and the rooms, breakfast, service and hiking trails met my very high expectations completely! I'd been looking forward to this trip for a month or two and the accommodations were perfect. The owner was really helpful and looked up phone numbers of stores and restaurants for us a few times throughout the day so we'd know if downtown businesses were open before we left the Brandt House. (The downtown area is easily within walking distance in fair weather.)
The land surrounding the property also made for a beautiful walk. I'd recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Excellent service. I have food allergies and Heather went out of her way to prepare on the of the best breakfasts I have had in a very long time. The accomodations were excellent.

The best part was meeting the other guests and the conversations with the owners, former owner and the staff.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Planned a weekend to zipline and white water raft and stumbled across this Inn as a place to stay. Didn't arrive til late but the woman was still at the desk upon arrival. She was very welcoming and pleasant. She showed us to our room and walked us around to show us the place. She was so passionate about the Inn, it was refreshing to see. She was kind enough to make us tea before we turned in. We had to get an early start to get out the next morning to white water raft. The breakfast table was set, the food was real good, fruit bowl, scones, and quiche, and if you wanted eggs a special way they would make them. Overall the property was beautiful, both grounds and rooms, the staff was super friendly and because we loved it so much we came back a month later with friends. What a surprise, they all loved it too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2010

The Brandt House was like staying at home, if you lived in a mansion built in the 1800s. It was roomy and cozy, but also upscale for a B&B. We stayed in Room 4 on the top floor. The beds were unbelievably comfortable and the room was warm even in the cool weather. The bathroom was charming as well, with a claw-footed tub. My dog was welcome at the Brandt House, and the staff was very friendly and helpful with advice on where to get dinner in town. (Definitely eat at Magpie's!)

Breakfast in the morning was tasty. There was fresh cut fruit, cereal, a variety of beverages, fresh baked goods, and eggs cooked to order. Also, there were several nice seating areas in the house, which were perfect to curl up in with a book. We were sorry to leave after staying only one night!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We visited this B & B just for one night. It was easy to find but a little bit outside the main street. When we arrived there we had a good first impression, our welcome letter was as promised in the basket at the door and we had no problems finding our room.
There was no key so we decided to knock at the office door and see if somebody is there, but there wasn't. So we went around the house and found a women cleaning the porch and she was from the staff. She was very nice and showed us around the house (they have a nice B & B, also a billard table and board games) and then to our room. She also gave us the key to the room.

We had room 2, which was nice, but a little bit outdated. I did not like the TV at all, it was very small and the colours changed every 5 seconds. The bed was okay but on wheels, so it stood a little away from the wall, which I didn't like. Furthermore, somewhere in the house was an A/C that went on and off every five minutes and the wall kind of vibrated because of that. We could feel that when lying in the bed though it was not directly on the wall.

The rest of the room was nice and spacious. The bathroom was okay but the blinds could not close fully, which was not a big problem as it was facing the backyard. The biggest problem was the door to the bathroom, which was a little bit older so it could not been closed without making a loud noise. Furthermore, the toilet had a problem and flooded the whole bathroom. We could fix it and it was 10 minutes before we were leaving but if it would have happened at night, it would have been bad. But they have some night staff too.

Breakfast was nice, there was just one big table with cake and fruit already there. Also they had juice and granola and some toast there. The woman came and asked us how we would like our eggs cooked, and we ordered them scrambled. They were very good and I guess about 3 eggs, which was a large portion.

Check out went smoothly, so this was okay. By the way they had free wi-fi at the house and also a PC to use for the guests.

For me it was okay to stay at the Brandt House, but the sleep quality was not that good because of the noise and also the bathroom incident was not so good. Maybe a different room would be better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winodino84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Deerfield Inn
Deerfield Inn
#1 of 1 in Deerfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Log Cabin Bed & Breakfast
The Old Mill Inn
The Old Mill Inn
#1 of 1 in Hatfield

Been to Brandt House? Share your experiences!