New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenfield
Bethlehem, CT, United States
“another wonderful sleep and breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is my 2nd visit. Hotel is a block from Interstate 91 - on Route 2 West, Greenfield, MA - go off highway thru rotary and immediately get into right lane on Route 2 west. At first light, turn right at light. Go quarter mile. It's on right just behind Days Inn (I think). Great facility very clean, well managed; quiet rooms. Good lighting for parking and safe area for singles. More than a continental b'fast but no restaurant per se.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_Inn_Gfima, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, responded to this review, June 30, 2015
Thank you for responding to the recent survey regarding your visit to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, MA. I appreciate you taking the time to complete it. I am pleased that you were extremely satisfied with our hotel and that our Team Members exceeded your expectations. We believe that our Team Members are one of the reasons that Hampton Inn & Suites has been so successful.
Carla Chaffee, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed 2 nights en route to a meeting in Binghamton, NY. A little difficult to find - maybe my fault (!) - but a good welcome and quiet room on 2nd floor. The room was clean and well appointed and the beds comfortable. Good selection of eating places, e.g. Applebees, within easy driving distance. The Hampton breakfasts are generally good, if a little unimaginative. But, hey, this is a motel chain, and for the price it's all good value.
Would certainly recommend this hotel - and the great scenery nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Probably the best motel in the area, but sometimes even the best isn't perfect. Road signage could be better. The brown, tan, and orange decor isn't attractive, but the rooms are adequate, and the included breakfast is an attraction. The desk folks are friendly and helpful. This is a busy tourist destination area, and the rates reflect that. Room rates go up on the weekends.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

My family and I booked a whirlpool suite at this hotel because the website used the language, "spacious" to describe their, "Suite". We had a baby and our seven year old and when we went up to the suite found an extremely small room without even a couch. We thought that we had been sent to the wrong room because when I called prior to booking the room I was told by the hotel that the room could easily fit my infant son in a crib and seven year old on the sofa bed. We were told by the front desk that this was a suite and was what was promised. The person at the front desk had a rude tone and told me that the person I had talked to clearly didn't know what they were talking about. I indicated that this wouldn't work and asked her to find us a room that would work. She told us they were totally booked and that there were no larger rooms. She did manage to move us to a room with a sofa bed and we all crammed in. We had to literally block the door with the crib after getting in and were not able to open the sofa bed because it wouldn't have allowed the opportunity to walk by. None of us slept well because our baby son makes a lot of noise while he's sleeping.

The next morning, we were walking down the hall and saw a room across the way that was being cleaned that was much larger than the room we were in. We called down and asked to be moved to one of those rooms. There was a nice woman at the desk this time but those rooms were all booked. It was a bit frustrating to find out that there were in fact larger rooms when the rude woman told us there were not. The nicer woman worked hard to find a solution and ended up moving us into adjoining rooms but charged us for both rooms so the cost of our three day stay increased the cost by $300 for the two nights in two rooms. I emailed my complaint to the hotel after my stay and the front desk manager, Yesenia Bergeron, told us that they had tried to accomodate us and that it was our fault because the website is clear. She wasn't willing to refund us any of the money and dismissed us. Too bad because I have stayed in other Hampton Inns with good service and a committment to doing the right thing. A direct quote from the site, "Upgrade to a spacious suite to enjoy a larger space and additional amenities, including a whirlpool bath, microwave, and fridge." A pretty big stretch to describe the suites this way.

Sorry to go and on but I don't want others to go through this.

Room Tip: don't go as a family
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tom b
Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey.
Cumberland Center, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

As a non-destination hotel in a small out of the way town, it's the best there is. Right off the highway and walking distance to down-town as well as lots of restaurants and grocery store. Close to historic Deerfield and the Vermont border and less than half-hour drive to Amherst and U Mass campus

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Schaefferstown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed one night while attending a symposium in Deerfield. We arrived early, but cheerful clerk checked room and found it was clean and ready. My only quibbles are minor--why does Hampton insist on using those heavy duvets? Duvet is too much; sheet is not enough. Also, breakfast buffet (free and always appreciated) was a bit skimpy on offerings--but breakfast area was clean and pleasant and the attendants were hustling to keep coffee filled, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for responding to the recent survey regarding your visit to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, MA. I appreciate you taking the time to complete it. I am pleased that you were satisfied with our hotel and that our Team Members exceeded your expectations. We believe that our Team Members are one of the reasons that Hampton Inn & Suites has been so successful.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I usually stay in hampton inns for business trips as I honour their clean rooms, breakfast and friendlyness. That is also why I suggest it to my parents for their US visit. Contrary to my past experience this one was not pleasant.

Although staying four 4 nights we were placed in room 405. The room is next to one of the ventilation system for that floor. Something seems to be wrong with it as ground in the bath room and sometimes bedroom was vibrating and the noise was similar to a steam ship. We had trouble sleeping and a call to the front desk did not help at all. Luckely they could put us in another room for the other nights. Nevertheless, I am sure many people complaint before and that room should not be used at all.

Futhermore, the breackfast is not in the usual quality. The fruits look like they were felt down and are not realy nice prestented. Also restocking of cups and other stuff didn't work and used plates were standing around (maybe the should put some wast baskets in there like other hampton inns do).

Last but not least - the friendliness of the front desk staff could be improved.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for responding to the recent survey regarding your visit to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, MA. I appreciate you taking the time to complete it. Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey. We look forward to serving you again in the near future
Carla Chaffee, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Deerfield Inn
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Northampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield? Share your experiences!