Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
$63
$169
$122
Rodeway Inn(Greenfield)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshhonors pointscheese and crackersmohawk trailnice indoor pooldays inncomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanoff the highwaygreat place to staywill stay there againstaff was very friendly and helpfuldesk stafffree internetchecking inenjoyed my stayupon checkyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2008

I'm on the road 1-2 nights a week, so I've seen 'em all when it comes to hotels.

This Hampton Inn, smack dab in the middle of nowhere, was a pleasant surprise. Right off I-91 and adjacent to a "99" restaurant, this property is about 18 months old but looks brand new.

The staff is cordial and efficient and the business center is open 24 hours... free Internet access and printer use.

The breakfast was the usual so-so pre-cooked eggs and carb-fest, but the coffee was hot and strong.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank CTYankee06820
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I admit it--I'm a bit of a hotel snob. I usually stay in small boutique hotels. But I was surprised--pleasantly surprised-- by my experience at this chain hotel. It began when I called the hotel to make my reservation: Bill and I had a fun conversation and he went out of his way to accomodate a special need for me. When I checked in, he remembered me and had everything in order.

The hotel itself is clean, well maintained and has a whimsical attitude about itself. Free internet access, free breakfast, free coffee/ tea available all day (and fruit or cookies depending on the time of day) are all appreciated.

But it's the staff that makes this place stand out. Everyone I encountered was friendly and efficient and went out of their way to make sure things worked for the guests. This is a hotel that hires employees who are people-oriented and who want to be there. Special mention goes to Matt in the breakfast area and, of course, Bill at the front desk. I believe guests will soon be starting a "Bill Fan Club"

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank FoodiePam
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I stayed here for one night after a long day followed by a long drive. The staff was very friendly and quickly set me up with my room for the night. It's pretty easy to get to off the highway, and there are plenty of eateries in the area. I didn't have time the next morning to sit down for breakfast, but it's your typical Hampton breakfast of pastires, bagels, cereals, etc. And of course, the most important staple of a business trip - COFFEE.

The one difference I found at this Hampton - the bathroom was remodeled and really fancy - brand new shower, vanity, etc. I was really impressed!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2008

We have been on the road for almost two weeks, staying almost exclusively at Hampton Inns. Once we found this one (hotel directions need to be more specific) we were pleasantly surprised at how nice our room was. We had a studio suite which was large enough to accomodate a big desk that could be shared by two people (one on each side). It was so nice to stretch out and read on the firm three-seater couch. The sink is separate from the bath/shower and toilet, which makes it much faster for two people to get ready at the same time. In future, I would ask for an odd-numbered room as we could hear trucks changing gears on the highway. We live in downtown Toronto and are used to sirens and streetcars, so the sound didn't really bother us. Internet access was good but we couldn't send e-mails out. We had a delicious dinner at 99 which shares the parking lot with the Inn.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2007

I'm a big fan of Hampton Inns. I can always count on a comfortable bed and room, a decent albeit not great breakfast, free internet access, and their 100% satisfaction guarantee (which I haven't had to use, so far). The only downside of Hampton Inns seems to be that they all seem to have slow, lumbering elevators, and this one's no exception. This Hampton is fairly typical for most Hamptons, but with not the best customer service.
Both of the employees always seemed to be spending their time at the business center on the two terminals, one looking at pictures, and the other playing chess. To be fair, they did come to the front desk when people showed up, or the phone rang, but it wasn't terribly professional. The guy stated it was boring because they had only 30% occupancy.
If they had only 30% occupancy, I don't know why they put guests next to each other because there was sound coming through the rooms. Why not skip rooms if you're less than 1/3 full? The room next to ours was a smaller one, per the hotel emergency exit diagram, so it wasn't just that they were filling the better rooms first (and we weren't put on the top floor or far from the elevator for unclear reasons as well).
That being said, the rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast area seemed large enough to accommodate the whole hotel even if it had been full (a problem with some Hamptons). The breakfast food was good, too.
The pool and fitness areas were small but clean and functional. The computer printer in the business center had neither color nor B&W ink, but they did bring some when I pointed it out (I hated to interrupt his chess game, though!). The wireless in the room worked great (as they almost always seem to in Hamptons).
In summary, this was just another pleasant Hampton Inn stay, although the room insulation wasn't the best and the staff could use a little polishing up. I'm fairly certain it's the best place in town--a good stopping point on our way from Old Sturbridge Village to start the Mohawk Trail the next day and watch the foliage...

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple