“Clean & Comfortable”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenfield
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a night on our way back from the Keene Pumpkin Festival. The Hampton Inn is right off of 91, so it was very easy to find. The rooms are very clean, roomy, and the beds were comfotable. The free continental breakfast was good (eggs, french toast, fruit, yogurt, waffles, coffee/juice, etc) The only cons I had were hearing a neighboring guest getting ready in the morning, watching tv, shutting doors, etc. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room with no neighbors on either side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our stay was overnight, but we were totally satisfied with the staff, the service, the room. Great continental breakfast, although if we wanted to be critical we could say the scrambled eggs were a little bit dry, and could have been tastier - but the breakfast as a whole was more than satisfactory. Yes, our stay was too short, but we intend to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013

In some ways it's just a typical Hampton Inn, but that's a pretty good start. But in particular the staff care and attention exceeded my expectations and made the trip a great success. It's that kind of customer attention that will always bring me back to a place, and this Hampton Inn had it in great measure. Thanks!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn in Greenfield, MA. Although the website made it sound clean and comfortable we were disappointed. The staff seemed a little short on help. We needed more towels and had to wait for the gentleman at the front desk to be able to "break away". I finally went and got them myself. The bathroom wall were spattered with "something" unappealing and the shower wall was not clean. I'm not sure what that was around the bottom of the toilet. They pride themselves on cleaning your room AND putting clean sheets on every bed every day. My family and I left at 9:00 am and returned for dinner at 5:00pm and the room had not been touched. Garbage needed emptying and towels needed to be replaced and that didn't even include the clean sheets that they pride themselves on! When we complained we were told they were having some mechanical issues (not sure what that had to do with anything)and they apologized but offered no compensation. We left them to work and went to dinner. We came back and it had been cleaned, but by this time it was 7:00. We changed and went down to the pool. There we discovered there were no clean towels left to use. The bin for dirty towels was overflowing onto the floor. I went to the front desk and asked for clean towels for us and a few other house guests that were enjoying the pool. They did bring them quickly. When we checked out, we had been charged for a movie we never saw. (Check your bill carefully if you go)The front desk did remove it without a problem. We felt that at $219.00 a night, that it should have been a little better, and no one really cared too much about your complaints. The website also said they could suggest good places to eat since they do not have a restaurant on site, but there was confusion about where a good "family" restaurant was because we wound up at a bar where you were supposed to serve yourself. Not exactly an appropriate place with kids. I suggest eating at the 99 restaurant next door. They were very nice AND clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Hampton_Inn_Gfima, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2015

Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey. We look forward to serving you again in the near future
Carla Chaffee, GM

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Easy access from highwa yet set back off street. Lots of restaurants in the area. Super clean hotel, had jacuzzi in our room which was nice. Towels were plentiful which seems to be a problem at other hotels. Friendly staff. Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. It was fine. The room had a great amount of outlets, which was nice. Overall it was clean, but the bathroom had a lingering smell of bad body odor. It was as if it were imbedded into the wall over time. The second morning my shower had a draining problem.
The breakfast was decent. I liked that there was coffee set up all day in the lobby. The staff was friendly. The parking situation was annoying as there were so many spaces reserved for "VIP people" of the hotel. (Not really sure how to explain that better.) I had to circle the lot a few times before parking. Overall, it was good and I would likely stay again due to its cleanliness, location & comfort.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for responding to the recent survey regarding your visit to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, MA. I appreciate you taking the time to complete it.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future
Carla Chaffee, GM

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff is excellent and bring new meaning to the term "service". I will put Hampton Inn and Suites at the top of my list when looking for future accomodations. Philip-Michael and Alex rescued us from staying in a dive motel. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Deerfield Inn
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield? Share your experiences!