Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$82
$169
Courtyard
$122
Rodeway Inn(Greenfield)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshhonors pointscheese and crackersmohawk trailnice indoor pooldays inncomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanoff the highwaygreat place to staywill stay there againstaff was very friendly and helpfuldesk stafffree internetchecking inenjoyed my stayupon checkyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2011

For two months I stayed at the Greenfield Hampton Inn & Suites. What a wonderful group of people. Having come from a large city to an assignment in a very small community, the staff made me feel comfortable and safe. They were always giving me tips on things to do and places to go. For a woman on her own, feeling safe is critical. The staff aways anticipated my needs and went out of their way to provide extra service. The food service manager found out I like a specific type of muffin and immediately she upgraded to a better muffin to please me.

The day I checked out I was given a sweet card wishing me well and it was signed by the entire staff.

When I said my final farewell at 6:30 a.m. Pat (food service) handed me a travel snack bag which included my favorite muffin. We shared a tearful moment as I left.

You don't get this type of service everywhere you go. Having worked in the hospital industry several years ago I immediately recognized that this facility is special and has a very special staff. I will miss their smiling faces.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank rmaffey
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Given a family members love of Yankee Candles, the family trip to MA required a detour inland to South Deerfield to visit the Yankee Candle flagship store. In my quest to rebuild my decimated Hhonors points balance, accomodation had ot be one of the Hilton family, and the closest location was the Hampton Inn, Greenfield, just a few miles up the road.

As with my previous stay at an HGI in Plymouth, this hotel was a standard Hampton Inn. Nothing extra special, but everything one expects from a Hampton. The hotel staff were very friendly and attentive, and when we had a minor issue with the aircon, it was responded too efficiently, and by a very friendly maintenance chap. However even when we got the aircon going, it was quite noisy and woke us overnight when it came on and off.

The bathroom was clean and towels soft and fluffy - however the both the bath tub and basin took an age to drain when they had been filled - think the plumbing may need some attention.

Previous reviews have mentioned the paper thin walls and this is probably my biggest gripe with this hotel - it's not something I've noticed at other Hampton properties, but here the noise from other rooms and the corridor was very noticeable. Yes, there were some very noisy women in the hotel who seemed unable to converse without shrieking and screaming, but one should not be able to hear that in other rooms. So that, combined with the noisy aircon unit constantly starting and stopping meant for a disturbed nights sleep.

As with most Hamptons there is no on site restaurant, save for the free plastic breakfast. There are options - there is a "99" adjacent (in walking distance), a Friendlys across the highway, and an Applebees a two minute drive away.

I would recommend this hotel, but for the price paid, would expect proper walls allowing a better nights sleep.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Hampton_Inn_Gfima, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2015

Thank you for responding to the recent survey regarding your visit to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, MA. I appreciate you taking the time to complete it.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future
Carla Chaffee, GM

Reviewed February 21, 2011

We recently stayed at Hamption Inn over the long President's Day weekend. The hotel is located minutes off of Interstate 91 but it's a little tricky to find the access road. Arriving in the parking lot you can tell from the exterior of the hotel that it's relatively new. Checking in, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We we given the key to our room which was on the top floor (4th) facing the highway. If you're looking for a nice view from your hotel...you wont get it here. Your choice is a view of the parking lot or the highway. Regardless, the rooms are of ample size and more importantly....clean. Ours had 2 double beds, a large bathroom, desk, closet, bureaus, free internet and a 27" flatscreen tv. The comforter duvet apparently is washed every room change which was really nice b/c it didn't give my wife the heebie jeebies when the kids layed down on top of the covers to watch tv. There was a pool..but is was very unremarkable. It's about 20x20' ...nonetheless, the kids enjoyed a swim after the days activities. Hampton provided a free breakfast buffet which included make your own waffles, omlettes, cereal, muffins, bacon, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, etc. We like this as it saves us from spending $20-$30 a day at a breakfast joint. The hotel is in a central area to Umass, Berkshire East, Southern Vt ski areas, bershires. A few reviews have made mention of the thin walls and perhaps that is true...but we travel with a noisemaker so it really didn't bother us. The one small negative I would say is that the bed was a little soft for my liking and having a bad back...it sort of bothered me a bit in the morning...but the kids slept fine and I know bed firmness is definitely a personal thing. All in all I would reccomend this hotel especially with the limited number of places to stay in the area. You really can't go wront!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2010

The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was certainly clean. However, given the price they charge I was quite disappointed with the quality of the hotel itself. The entire hotel, which is new construction, seems to be very cheaply built, with thin walls and thin doors that do little to dampen noise from the hall or adjacent rooms. The furniture in the room was in good condition, but everything seem to be built on a miniature scale, perhaps to safe costs, perhaps to make the rooms look better. The ambiance of the room and hotel just felt cheap. That having been said, this seems to be the best place to stay in Greenfield, so if I had to stay in Greenfield again, this is where I'd go.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank whp81

We look forward to serving you again in the near future
Carla Chaffee, GM

Reviewed October 10, 2010

Excellent hotel. Good location & easy to access from highway.
We had a king size studio which was excellent. Very big room with large sofa, coffee table, desk, large plasma TV. There was also a separate kitchenette area which was very useful, equipped with fridge, coffe-maker & microwave. The sofa was a sofa-bed andthe room would be ideal for a family.

The staff were very friendly & helpful. The breakfast had a good variety of food on offer.

There were eating places nearby and the town was only 5 mins away where there were a very good range of different restaurants.

Several places of interest very nearby including Historic Deerfield. Many other places to see also.

All in all the most impressive room we stayed in on our vacation and certainly the best value for money.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple