“No Quality at this Inn” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Mohawk Trail, Greenfield, MA 01301 (Formerly Quality Inn Greenfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Greenfield
Little Rock, Arkansas
“No Quality at this Inn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Avoid if possible. The room was acceptable for cleanliness. That is where the good comments end. Until about ten years ago, this was Howard Johnson's, and I don't think anything was updated since. Beds are hard, patio doors and worn out. Ice machine was 60 paces down three hallways, and vending machine don't exist.
These are the minor things. It seems that most of the staff, and their families, live in the motel. All morning I heard the children of the family outside the patio door, even found a pogo stick on the patio slab), early evening children running the hallway, later evening the adults hollering between rooms outside and in the hallways. If a room is being cleaned, it sounds like an earthquake. Make sure to security latch your door, the manager walked into my room, without knocking. Seems he had the wrong room. It's impossible to rest, relax, or get work done here.
Quality Inn needs to take their mane off this place. They are usually much better then this.
I rated the room this high because of price and location. Change the management and it would be tolerable, even if it is outdated.

Room Tip: Closer to the office is further away from the employee residences.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fraser, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

we stayed 3 nights and the location was great for our purpose-family visit. We chose this business because of its location and availability! We were glad to know there was a pool for us to unwind each evening--NOT!!! the pool was 'undergoing repairs'..other posts indicate it has been in this condition for a while. We always like WiFi availability ...well, as luck would have it, the WiFi was 'down' all w/end and repairs would not happen until Monday, our departure date...We came back to the hotel after our first day there to find that some major leak in a room down from us had caused our hallway to be closed/with traffic re routed outside the rest of the stay. Breakfast was good, everything was clean. Did NOT like the new 'plastic' lined mattress covers...not only did it 'crinkle' with every turn, it was quite hot. Also the AC is VERY loud..at 10-15 minute intervals as it goes on throughout the day/night. Other than that? We were pleased. I think owners just have to get their act together. I mentioned all these issues when leaving, manager was very nice, but no compensation was offered.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Monrovia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Poorly maintained with a bed slightly softer than the floor. The only bright spot was the free breakfast. Even then, the famous waffle iron was broken and repair date unknown. Budget price but not worth the compromise.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I am not a high maintenance person - but this place was bordering nasty. The staff was pleasant and helpful - that is what saved them from a 1 star. As well as a pretty decent breakfast - although you should really keep your perishables chilled.
The hotel smelled like mold and curry. The rooms were just atrocious. They were "clean" but just need a whole redo. I was too freak out to even shower. The beds were like lumpy rocks. Ceiling tiles were broken or missing not only throughout hotel but also my room.
There was nothing else available at the time I booked so I had no choice, but don't stay here if you can find somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Reno,NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I'm not rating the hotel. I could not find another convienyent hotel in area
Their staff was great. Kate at front desk was going out of her way to find me a ground floor room. I have a walker.
Next I met Cheyenne in the Coroner Cafe (complentary breakfast). She was very helpful with a dynamite personality. She was very efficient in all her duties and greeted each person like an old friend. She helped me with food to table and checked on me frequently. She is an asset who sould be in more visible position.

• Stayed May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went with my family for a religious retreat in Amherst and booked two nights at this atrocious hotel. We got there late at night and the smell of cigarettes in the hallway was unbearable . Then we went to the room it looked ok but dark , when we my son try to lay down in one of the beds it had a hole in the middle, I couldn't believe it!! then looking at the ceiling I noticed a cobweb, and wonder when was the last time someone dusted this place. By the morning, we got ready to go to the convention and if I wasn't frustrated enough, I found a roach in the bathroom that's totally unacceptable). I wanted to live that place asap. So we packed our stuff in the car and cancelled the second night. THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN MY LIFE. Fortunately, God help us find a nice decent hotel ( Red Roof) which had been recently renovated and the service was excellent. Too bad I didn't take pictures to share, I guess I was too upset. I regret staying here and hope you take my advise so you don't be disappointed.

Room Tip: don't stay here please
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank stef r
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The only thing good about this place is it's close to the Interstate. Grounds and building poorly maintained. Light bulbs out in the bathroom. Antiseptic smell in the hall. Repairs to facility done in a jerry rigged fashion such as not repairing the sliding glass door lock but adding a channel stick to secure the door. Clock alarm went off in a next door room around midnight. Kept us awake. The night clerk didn't have a clue as to what to do. You can tell that this property is a franchise and not a Choice Hotel property. The name Quality Inn is misrepresented. Breakfast area attendant stares at you like a hawk to see if you are going to take anything back to the room. The front desk manager was understanding and helpful. The only positive thing there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jkscooter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 11 in Brattleboro
3.0 of 5 stars 90 reviews

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!