“Fine for an Overnight Stay”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Greenfield
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked my room online and read the reviews AFTER I had made my reservation so I was a little afraid that I had made a mistake....Once I got here I was a little confused and wondered- where on earth were these people's rooms?! My impression of this hotel was the complete opposite of what the majority of the reviews had stated. Now, this is by no means a 5 star hotel BUT if you are in need of a bed and a place to stay for a night or two, I think the Quality Inn serves its purpose. The staff at the check in desk were very friendly and since I had booked my room online, check in was quick and painless...I was also able to have my two small dogs stay in my room with me and for a hotel that allows pets, I have to say the cleanliness of the hallways/rooms was immaculate. In fact, the overall cleanliness of the hotel was very good, like I said, this isn't a 5 star hotel and the building seemed to be old but I did not at anytime feel as if I was staying in a "dump". I probably wouldn't stay here if I was looking for a hotel for more than a day or two, but the friendly staff and the overall cleanliness of the hotel/rooms and the somewhat decent price for an overnight stay would probably make me at least consider staying here again if I visited the area.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Unfortunately I made this reservation in haste. The bottom line is that you don't want to stay here even if you have to stay in another town.
I knew this wasn't a good idea as soon as we drove up. The beds at the entrance had two foot weeds that didn't happen overnight. The entire exterior appeared as it had not been painted i twenty year.
Inside everything looks as it is original. The halls and rooms are dark withhold black and brown carpet. The walls are dented with poor patches.
Except for a newer television and possible a new faucet everything seems original.
The bathroom floor was dirty and the bath towels threadbare.

Room Tip: Read reviews stay away from this chain. If they have one property like this they will have another
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The ceiling was high, so my room felt spacious. The pillows were fluffy, and everything was clean. I loved it here. Also, the breakfast was incredible. This is a great place to stay on a business trip. Not so much for a romantic getaway. The people who work there are nice too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Gary T
Reviewed August 12, 2012

When we arrived, there was a candy wrapper on the headboard, pieces of trash on the carpet, and hair in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor. The people at the front desk were polite. Cigarette butts remained on the ground at the entrance we used. The sheets and towels were clean. The outlets were sticky and needed to be cleaned. The waffle batter is delicious.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

When we arrived reception suggested we explore other hotels. I thought this was an attempt at humor. Wrong: She was quite serious.

Concur with other reviewers, but would like to note that the key-card entry system for the exterior doors is inoperative.

I informed reception that the lock and handle at entry "F" had been removed, and that anyone could enter at will. Since this door is at the rear of the property, and backs onto a wooded area, security is compromised in the extreme. The manager just smiled and nodded.

While a little down-at-the heels, Greenfield is still worth a visit. It just needs more and better lodgings.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Exspecto
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Cockroaches. They were in the shower, on the window sills, and on the back of the curtains. Came out after dark. Left in the middle of the night for another hotel when one fell on me. Said they would not charge me. Then charged me anyway! Never apologized.

Called the manager after finding out they charged me- manger not in (ever in? seems not). Front desk tried to pass it of as "beetles". I lived in Bklyn for 11 years- I know the difference between a beetle and roach. Left a message for the manager- my call was not returned.

Avoid this hotel at all costs. It is worth it to pay a ton more at the Hampton Inn in Greenfield, or stay about 15 min away at the RedRoof Inn in Deerfield, next to Yankee Candle. I visit the area a lot, and Quality Inn lost out- I would have been a repeat customer.

Room Tip: Room 174 roach infested.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank travelerwestma
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This place is terrible. Stay away! Seriously I can hear every word from our neighbor's room. The HVAC is very loud and awful. It's either too hot or too cold. There is a light switch by the door that we have no idea what it goes to. The toilet runs, the tub doesn't drain well (so you shower in water up to your ankles), and the internet is flaky. I was surprised they have a continental breakfast but the breakfast room was freezing cold. In section E I could smell marijuana smoke when I walked down there with my daughter after breakfast. We also found a lady bug on the wall right away too. We are because we have no power at home so this is maybe better than being in a freezing cold house, but I would never stay here otherwise. As it is I am freezing cold in this place instead. The staff seems nice enough but the building is in rough shape.

And yes it is a former HoJo's. I knew that before i got here but so what? It has the Quality Inn name so it should be held up to some standards of the chain. I don't think they are meeting that though. This place is cheap but it is pretty bad.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room. The walls are paper thin. You can here everything so maybe...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank RebeccaMA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Northampton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!