“Gentle Night's Sleep!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield
The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Sweet house with a wrap-around porch perched on on a hill, local food, a pastoral view (mare and colt frolic across the road), and wonderful hosts Donna and Alain. Alain is a carpenter and the details are lovely throughout the house. The beds are also locally made - seriously! Private bathrooms, perfect linens. Donna is kind-hearted and attentive. I was delighted to find such a gem and will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank NancyChicago
There are newer reviews for The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed May 18, 2014

My mother and I found this place last year and have now made a weekend at this B & B an annual getaway- that's how much we love it! It the perfect escape from reality. Beautiful outlook onto farm land, amazing decor- far exceeding that of what you would expect at any bed and breakfast- and the most lovely owners!! Donna is such a peach and so helpful, making sure not only is your stay perfect, but that your day spent out was perfect. A definite must stay!! A++

Christina and Jane. Seekonk, MA

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Stina3689
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I am not someone who gives high marks easily. That said, it is simply impossible to find anything less than wonderful about House on the HIll. Donna is the perfect hostess: polite,relaxed, friendly, willing to talk, but not intrusive and helpful. Our room had its own bathroom. Both the room and bath had all the necessary modern amenities. This house could outshine many homes in "This Old House" with its tasteful and homey decorations that combine class, tradition and whimsy to make this a place you wish you could stay longer. We stayed two nights and had two different scrumptious breakfasts. The bed was just luxurious and inviting-perfect to collapse into after our busy days! The area is beautiful but not remote, with lots to do and see. We had friends in the next room and they felt similarly. We all enjoyed our time together here. My husband travels often for work and stays in quality but universally boring hotels. He was pleasantly surprised with the whole B&B experience. My husband took some time to relax with a book on the front porch swing where it was so serene. Thank you Donna and Alain for a memorable weekend!

Room Tip: We had the street-side room and did not have any difficulty with "traffic" noise. Each ro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have no complaints about this lovely Bed and Breakfast! The owners were friendly, kind, and helpful. We were escorted to our room, which was equally as lovely. Everything was clean, up to date, comfortable, and welcoming. The bed was one of the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, the shower was clean, the decor was quaint, and the amenities were everything I could need for a comfortable night's stay.
The breakfast the next morning was lovely. Tea, coffee, and spreads were all provided. A fresh meal was prepared for us very quickly, and everything was locally purchased and made.
I would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone!

Room Tip: Corner rooms allow for privacy and quiet atmosphere.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The House on the Hill is pristine and lovely, a few minutes from the center of Greenfield and very convenient to nearby Deerfield Academy where our son is a student. Our room was tastefully appointed and very comfortable, especially the soft and luxuriant bed. The WiFi worked well (which is not always the case, in my experience, at Bed & Breakfast inns). Donna was really accommodating, and provided an extra Easter breakfast for our hungry teenage son; the French toast with fresh blueberries was scrumptious. The room was really quiet, too, which made for a wonderful night's sleep. My husband and I would highly recommend the House on the Hill for its beauty, charm and peacefulness, as well as for the excellent service provided by Donna.
It's dog-friendly, too ! We didn't bring our dog this time, but hope to have occasion to do so in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Everything from the serene setting to the comfy bed to the delicious cooked breakfast to the accommodating hosts was perfect. Would highly recommend. Worth a trip just to stay here. Only wish....more nights next time. Our one night stay just wasn't long enough!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnieS509
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I want to thank Donna for taking special care during my second stay at The House on the Hill. This is a spectacular B&B, maintained with a lot of TLC and attention to detail. The breakfast is wonderful, the views are awesome, and the quiet country is a delight. I come back refreshed and full of energy. A special call out to the beds. Ahhhh.... wish I could take one home. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank mike_sangha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield
The Inn at Crumpin-Fox
The Inn at Crumpin-Fox
#1 of 1 in Bernardston

Been to The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!