“Support the local community!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield
The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Phoenix, AZ USA
“Support the local community!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were in Greenfield, MA for a bike event. I contacted HOH and Donna was so warm and engaging, we had to stay there. We requested and stayed in the gorgeous library room on the main floor. When we arrived a bit early, we were offered chilled water and relaxation on the roomy wrap around porch while last minutes touches were being done to ready our room. It was such a lovely setting on their 2 acres that we almost drifted off for a nap on the porch swing.
The room is well detailed & the attached bath had all the amenities. The bed was just the right size for us -queen- and very comfortable. We didn't use it, but had tv in our room and wifi throughout.
We were off to our event early Saturday, but Sunday we were able to enjoy breakfast. Delicious raspberry pancakes, warm breads, orange juice, and coffee or tea, along with local farm fruit exceeded expectations!
The public areas of the B & B include the living room with fireplace and information about sights and eats in the area, as well as the dining room and (previously mentioned) porch.
Donna is a gracious host and enthusiastic ambassador for the area. She obviously loves having & running the B&B and it shows in all her interactions. She provided directions for us to visit a local fruit stand on our way out of town where we grabbed up peaches, apples, & pears.
We would love to stay longer or on any future trips to the area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travels60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We are travelling for nearly 9 weeks, so when I saw the picture of the House on the Hill on the internet, I just knew we had to stay there. We were not disappointed, as the previous reviews are all totally spot on. Donna is very warm and welcoming, and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are extremely comfortable, and although you are staying in someone's house, you still feel as though you have plenty of space to yourself. I felt like I was really in a home away from home, and although we spent 2 days doing kayaking and rafting, coming back to House on the Hill each day was exactly what we needed to recharge our batteries. The breakfast each day was fantastic.
As we were interested in hiking, Donna provided excellent advice on suitable hikes in the area, as we only had a few days and wanted to make the most of our time in the area. A fantastic place in which to spend a few days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather0664
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

House on the Hill is perfection on every level. HOH provides a warm, welcoming, serene atmosphere which allows for a totally relaxing stay. The rooms are immaculate, well designed, decorated and very comfortable. The grounds are gorgeous, and well maintained. The beautiful porch provides the ideal location for sipping a glass of wine and enjoying the views of the stunning property. Breakfast each morning was home cooked, fresh, delicious and heavy on local ingredients. Donna and Alaine, the owners, were accommodating, professional, hospitable and truly made our experience first class. It is an incredible value. If you are looking for an ideal location in Western Massachusetts do not pass up the opportunity to stay here, you will not regret it. We truly had a perfect stay. We cannot wait to go back and will return as soon as we can.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Taliusc12
Shekou
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Several years ago (about 2010?) I stayed at HOTH B&B while attending a conference. I still think of it as I enjoyed my stay so much and look forward to staying again. After a full day of conference and your head is swimming, this is a haven. Having breakfast ready before leaving - like Mom. Eating supper on the porch swing was such a comfort. The views were great, the bed soft, the bathroom just fine. I felt wrapped in a warm comforter on a winter day : ) after facing the world all day. Thank you Donna and Alain!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lindamhot
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

HOH was an incredible experience. Not only did it feel comfortable and homey because of Donna and Alaine's generous hospitality, it was also extremely clean and professional. The breakfast was home-cooked and delicious, not to mention - on the house! It was an incredible deal and a wonderful experience. I'd love to go to Western MA again just to stay at HOH.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

The House on the Hill is such an excellent place! Its my favorite B and B in the world.

The beds are super comfortable, the town is so charming, the grounds are so bucolic and lovely. There are views of horses grazing in the background, lush soft super green grass, a huge back gorgeous field where people get married (you should totally get married there!).

The House on the Hill itself is just beautiful. Every detail has been tended to. The rugs, the furniture, the beds- the chairs, everything is super perfect and beautiful and charming, its clear that a person with excellent taste picked things out lovingly piece by piece. Its a bizarre combination of everything being museum level perfect and clean without being fussy. You feel comfortable there, and only a tiny bit guilty about tromping in with wet or dirty feet on the gorgeous rugs. Donna makes you feel like you are at home, and like everything you do is ok.

Donna is awesome. Its hard to describe Donna because there is no one like her. She is so cool and loving and kind. She is completely accessible to you socially and you really want to hang out with her because she is just so delightful, but there is zero pressure to talk at all if you are not chatty. She is just totally there for you. You can check in without saying hello or seeing anyone(the door will be unlocked close to your arrival time) and keep to yourself the whole time, or come down in the morning and chat with the other guests in the lovely living room and dining room with the other guests and Donna will sweep in and ask if you would like for her to whip up some oatmeal or local eggs. Again, every detail is tended to. The oatmeal is scrumptious, the coffee is good and strong, the muffins are fresh, the fresh fruit is perfectly ripe. The other guests have been very cool the two time I have been there- usually people from NYC or Boston up for a palate cleanser or to see kids for parents day at local colleges.

Right now as I write this I am at the dining room table for Mother's Day Breakfast and Donna brought out a special Mother's Day Cake for us that she made herself with this incredibly crafted peony made of fondant icing. Incredible!

Donna is there for you if you have any questions about the area or where you would like to go or what restaurants are good or where to hike. She really wants to make sure you have a great time-- she is young but has this totally loving maternal quality. She wants to make sure you are ok. I came home yesterday afternoon and she asked if she could make me a cup of tea. She is all about doing little special extra that make you feel special. She also did a few other things for me that were completely above and beyond but I won't go into it. I think maybe I shouldn't be writing this--I don't want people to go take advantage of her just because I told how much he does for her guests.-- she is just so nice I don't want people who are out of control to go there.

The beds are super crazy comfortable, the pillows are super soft (I am a pillow snob!) and the bedding is great.

She is very pet friendly and tolerant of my little dog.

Its like going to see a friend who you really love at an awesome house, and your friend leaves you along as much as you want and tells you just to have fun. It is a real B and B in that it is more like a house than a hotel-and its a great house.

I have been very happy here each time I have gone. I think you will be happy here too.

There is a wrap around porch with very comfortable outdoor furniture and a porch swing.

Yay House on the Hill.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this lovely B&B for 11 nights while I worked the night shift at the local hospital. Donna and Alain were very accommodating of my schedule, and "breakfast" became a late night snack and some food to bring with me to work. They made excellent recommendations for local restaurants and allowed me to wash laundry during my extended stay. Donna helped me with some errands and I felt obliged to call if I would be "home" late because I knew she would worry about me. I would definitely stay here again and can highly recommend to others, whether for business or pleasure travel.

Room Tip: I had my choice of rooms and chose the "black and white" room.