“Delicious, fresh food …. Go to the Clay Oven”
Review of The Clay Oven - CLOSED

The Clay Oven
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I decided to try the lunch buffet for $9.95…. All the food was freshly cooked, including the tandoori chicken which was not overcooked and juicy. The staff was friendly. The rice pudding for dessert was a nice touch. Try the carrot pudding…. nicely seasoned with cardamon.
Very calming atmosphere. so, go to the Clay Oven.

There are newer reviews for The Clay Oven

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Greenfield is so happy that the Clay Oven has opened. The buffet lunch has a wonderful selection & the evening meals are really good. This is quality Indian food.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Well-seasoned food, generous portions, courteous service, and I love the orange walls.
We had two great entrees--one vegetarian and the other with shrimp. I did not like the veggie pakora--they did not taste fresh and the tamarind sauce was watery and relatively flavorless. The main courses and the raita were top notch. We asked for medium spicy and that's what we got. I intend to become a regular!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

All it takes is opening up the door upon entering and you know you’ve just stumbled upon something truly special and unique to the area. There’s a lovely aroma that engulfs you; you’ll be pleasantly caught off guard if it’s your first time there. I slowly inhaled and immediately felt tension dissipate from my body. I went for the lunchtime buffet so I could sample different flavors to get an idea of what appealed to me most. My favorites were the Chicken Tikka Masala that you pour over some rice, and the Vegetable Pakoras. When you go, you must make sure to try the Naan. Oh my goodness. It’s this flatbread that they make that’s so good. I grew up on Polish cuisine here in the valley and while I still love gramma’s kielbasa on the holidays, The Clay Oven is going to be a weekly retreat.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I found the choices limited and the food lacking in taste. I prefer non spicy food and it was fine for me. It really was not spicy. I think I tried some of everything and nothing was too spicy for me.