“Slice of chinese heaven in Greenfield” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 60 Restaurants in Greenfield
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Chittenango, New York
“Slice of chinese heaven in Greenfield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

So, Greenfield, Mass has amazing chinese food? Yep.

The food was amazing. It didnt taste like your "neighborhood chinese food" it was that much better.

The service was ridiculous. I could barely get my glass of water down on the table, and they insisted filling it up. They had 3 servers serving me at all times. Almost overkill.

Prices are reasonable. Same as you'll see in any chinese food restaurant. Entrees are $9-$13.

Check out the reviews on Yelp. They are MUCH better than on here, where before me, the most recent review was in 2008. I think this place deserves a lot more credit than its being given on TA.

1 Thank bkafrick

Amherst
“Awful Food, Indifferent Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2008

I have been here on business lunches on several occasions and never have I experienced the supposed wonderful food and service that many other reviewers here rave about.

My experience: The food is average, the flavors leave a lot to be desired, and the waiters, particularly the male ones, are incredibly indifferent to the point of rudeness. They may be busy, but I have seen waitstaff in far busier restaurants provide far friendlier service.
In my book, there are lots of better Chinese (and Asian cuisine) choices in Northampton, and Amherst, MA, as another reviewer stated.

Amherst, MA
“Disappointed - Greasy Sauce, Old, Wilted Veggies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2008

I really wanted to like this place after reading the great reviews. On a positive note, the decor is very nice for the area. I enjoy the many booth seats available. Unfortunately, on the several occasions that I have been there I have had consistently surly waiters and mediocre food.
Twice the veggies in my entrees were old, and wilted, like they had been re-heated several times. I enjoy getting fresh vegetables when I eat at a Chinese restaurant. I cannot count on that here. It makes me wonder how old the meat they serve may be as well. The standard sauce is greasy and salty, lacking in any flavor. Simply low quality black sauce. (I guess I am spoiled by Amherst Chinese and Panda East in Amherst, MA, where the food is fresh and the sauces have flavor).

2 Thank VegLady
Gill, MA
“A remarkable Chinese surprise where you might least expect it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2008

I grew up in NYC and was eating in Chinatown before I could even walk, so I have very high standards for Chinese food. I've eaten in some of the most highly regarded Chinese restaurants in NYC, San Francisco, Washington, DC, etc. Remarkably, this place can hang right with the best of them. It was recently awarded a "Top 100 Chinese Restaurants in the US" award, and it definitely deserves it.

The food is fresh and expertly prepared. Although they have the standard US-Chinese staples like Lo Mein, you won't find anything overly greasy and covered in cornstarch, corn syrup, or MSG here. Their specialties are creative and excellent.

They also serve sushi. While I wouldn't say it's among the best in the US, it is fresh and tasty. I never have any concerns about eating it in terms of food safety, as can often be the case in small-town sushi restaurants. The quality of the sushi is fine, it's just that they don't have the variety of a big-city sushi bar. But, if you just want the basics, they've got them all, and they have some delicious special rolls as well.

The service is excellent. I've never had a waiter fall to treat our table like we were the most important people in the restaurant. Even though they're always packed (even at 5:30 on a Monday!), you won't have to wait long to be seated, have your order taken, or receive your food. They are very friendly to children as well.

Overall, if you like tasty gourmet Chinese food, give this place a try - you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Thruxton
Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restaurant!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

This is the best Chinese Restaurant we have ever been to. The staff is always very attentive and friendly. The owner, Paul, is wonderful, he is usually out and about talking to patrons, seems to be making sure everything is ok.

The lunch specials are great, very affordable and the food is AMAZING!

Highly recommend.