“Everything I want, and I got a shirt :)”

People's Pint Brewpub
Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Greenfield
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: We brew our own beers at our brewery on Hope Street; we bake our own desserts; and our bar and kitchen menu has a variety of meals and appetizers that we hope will satisfy you. Whenever possible we serve organic foods supplied by local growers and producers. Our dishes are oriented around seasonal New England fruits and vegetables supplied by local farmers. Our priority is not only to provide you with fresh drinks and tasty food but to do it with as little waste as possible. You might notice that no disposable plastic and a minimum of paper items will appear on your table. Also, you may be pleased to know that all kitchen and dining room food scraps are composted and all plastic, cardboard, paper, glass and metal is recycled. Our brewery grain is fed to pigs and goats in Gill. As a result, even on our busiest night, we have not disposed of more than one barrel of trash. We hope that the knowledge of your participation in this ongoing act of environmental goodwill enhances the time you spend at The People's Pint.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great place, if you're near Yankee Candle definitely stop here.

GOOD beers, good food, good prices, cool atmosphere, and friendly service, I literally couldn't ask for anything more

Reviewed June 15, 2014

It took me a while, but I finally visited the People's Pint after being a resident of the town of Greenfield for the past 17 years. Went here for the first time with my daughter on a sunny Sunday afternoon around 2pm for a late lunch. Overall it was a terrific dining experience and I will definitely plan a return visit to try their dinner menu.

The place was fairly crowded when we arrived with only a couple of tables open and a few seats at the bar. A good sign of a popular place. We were seated in just a minute or two once a table was cleaned off. The staff was friendly, but it took us a little longer than I would have liked to place our orders and gets our drinks.

I ordered the summer farmhouse beer which was one of their seasonal brews. The People's Pint makes and sells their own beer handcrafted nearby in their brewery. The summer farmhouse beer was a refreshing, light, smooth brew that packed a punch with its alcohol content of 7%. My daughter tried a hard cider that was available in either dry or sweet. She picked the dry hard cider. I took a sip and it was quite good.

My daughter ordered the panko encrusted salmon burger that came with chips and a pickle. She ate every bit of it and proclaimed it delicious. I tried the catfish tacos with black beans, rice, and pico de gallo. Our food arrived fairly quickly once ordered. My plate included two large tacos loaded with fried catfish nuggets, shredded cabbage, and a spicy chipotle mayo that had great heat and made my nose run a bit. The black beans were about average with not enough flavor for me, but the rice was very good. The corn tortillas seemed to be homemade to me. This is one lunch selection that I wouldn't mind eating again.

There were great choices for dessert, so I thought what the heck. My daughter and I split the rhubarb strawberry walnut spice cake. This was an oh so moist cake with lots of cinnamon, clove, and possibly nutmeg I am guessing. The cream cheese frosting on the top and between the layers was to die for. What a great choice to end our meal. This was very, very good.

Our bill came to $38 which I thought was reasonable for the great quality meal we ate. Service was about average in regard to efficiency, but above average in friendliness. The atmosphere is casual with a wide open dining space, warm toned walls, wooden tables and chairs, wooden floors, and a tin ceiling.

I left asking myself why it took me so long to try this great local spot. I have missed out on 17 years of fantastic food and tremendous handcrafted brew. Near the end of our meal a woman was setting up a keyboard and a guitar and began providing us really nice music to dine by. I regret having to leave and not just hang out to sip down another brew and enjoy the atmosphere and the tunes.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Food was good. The server went out of her way to explain the menu. I don't drink beer so I can't comment on that. Place looked clean simple decor. Will go back the next time I'm "up north". Toni

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The salmon cakes at People's Pint Brewpub are sensational. Perhaps they are the best I've ever had, light, moist, truly delicious.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I know this place is very highly rated by a lot of people. I think they are very "quaint", but not enough varitey in food or drink. The times I've been there, they don't have many beers available.

1  Thank Andrew D