“I hope the "bistro" thing isn't going to their heads”
Review of Brick Wall Bistro - CLOSED

Brick Wall Bistro
Description: Welcome to the home of the new Brick Wall Bistro located at 286 Main Street, Greenfield, MA. 01301. Formerly the Brick Wall Burger, at the same location, the Bistro is not just a burger lover's paradise anymore. We have introduced a much larger and unique menu to include sandwiches, salads, appetizers (check out our very popular corn fritters with local maple syrup.), house made soups, and a whole new dinner menu along with fresh made desserts, featuring Bart's Homemade Ice Cream. We have a beer and wine license and have a full espresso bar.We still grind our meat daily for our grass fed burgers and now offer turkey and spicy salmon burgers along with a black bean burger that is vegan and gluten free. Our twice cooked french fries and sweet potato fries and spicy and regular cole slaw are still a big hit. However please come and try our new sauces and sides to include chimichurri, tropical fruit salsa, chipotle honey salsa, garlic mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, parmesan herb risotto cakes and more. Everything is made fresh on site and we do have something for everyone. Be it Vegan, Vegetarian, Lo Carb, Gluten Free or meat and Fish. "Every Six Weeks" is a program we have started to host here at the Brick Wall Bistro. Every six weeks a new artists hangs their art in our space. Within two weeks of that we host an opening for the artist and public with free passed hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar, in addition to our regular menu.Check our face book page for upcoming shows, daily specials and our trivia question of the day for a free meal!The space is available for renting to larger parties. We are a full service catering company, in business over 30 year, celebrating weddings, cocktail parties, holiday parties, birthday's, bar and baht mitzvah's, bachelor and bachelorette parties, showers, clambakes and so much more.Give us a shout and check us out at the new:Brick Wall Bistro286 Main StreetGreenfield, MA. 01301
Amherst, Massachusetts
“I hope the "bistro" thing isn't going to their heads”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

3.5/5
Had lunch here. The Firebrick burger and double fried fries. It was a good burger but seriously not for those who don't like capsaicin. The fries were likewise very good. Dings for the representation of the food. The website says that the meat is ground daily, and I believe it is. This has led many reviewers to conclude that the meat is local and organic and ethically raised and what-have-you. When I asked my waitress if the beef was local and/or grass fed I was told, "Oh, no it comes frozen from Colorado and we grind it here. We use so much no local supplier could handle it". This struck me as a crock, as many restaurants in the area source local, grass fed, natural beef. This experience was late last summer (2012), but looking at the web site today I see that the line still is, "We still grind the meat daily for our burgers...".

But of course it's a bistro now (adding steaks, chops and cobb salad), except it has the Camburger, a $25/lb, 4lb burger (yes, a $100 burger) whose claim to fame is that if you finish it you get a free meal next time; presumably not another Camburger.

This was good as a burger joint, but it has the feel of a place that's getting lost. Is it a burger joint? A French bistro? A man-cave waiting for Adam Richman to arrive?

Time will tell, and so will you.

• Visited August 2012

Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
“This was a disaster!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

What a night this has been!! We went to Brick Wall Bistro and we won't go back. I had ordered a Salmon Steak and Tom ordered a burger with mushrooms and bacon. I had mentioned it was taking a long time to Tom! The waitress came over and said the chef who was new from the tech school made salmon cakes instead so was going to do it over and later she came back to me and said he dropped my salmon steak, she apologized and said my meal was on them. They finally got around to serving us and the gave me the wrong veggie but the salmon was just o k.. Poor Tom's burger was dry and mushrooms and bacon were like leather because they had left it there while waiting for my salmon instead of making a new one for him. Needless to say he didn't eat it! So they gave us both a free meal! BUT we will not go back! It was unacceptable!

• Visited February 2013
Biddeford, Maine
“Nice and simple spot for a quick meal”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stopped in late near closing time the night I arrived and the staff were very accommodating. Had the Black Bean Burger and Fries.

Food was excellent and service was good. The restaurant itself could use some updating but overall it's clean which is more important.

Visited February 2013
South Hadley
“3 1/2 to 4”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Visited for this first time in January. The avocado/turkey sandwich was OK, except the turkey was very dry. The soup...a fish chowder...was better, a bit spicy but that's how I like it. My friend had the black bean burger, which she said was excellent, but warned that it was quite spicy. Our server seemed a bit distracted, forgot to bring several items, and we had to flag her down twice to remind her of our needs.. She was very nice and apologetic, but they were not that busy. The decor and atmosphere is lovely, and I certainly will go there again.

• Visited January 2013
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“4 for the Food, 2 for the Service”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food is really good here and hovers between a 4 and a 5 every time. Lots of attention to detail, quality ingredients, very well prepared, but the service when you eat in the dining room is just plain awful. I have been going to this place since it opened and always enjoyed the food, but the service was always painfully slow. I stopped eating in the dining room and started doing take out orders instead. Called and placed my order and picked it up 15 minutes later...no problems. I recently decided to eat here again. We were a party of four at dinner time and there were two servers on. The restaurant had a decent amount of customers, but it definitely was not packed. It took forever just to get our order placed. We sat a long time and our server seemed to be dawdling. The other server came over and ended up apologizing for our server and took our order. The food arrived quickly once ordered and was hot and delicious. Then we were basically ignored the rest of the time. We had to get up from our seat and ask for items...like more water and tea. We had also placed a to go order which was delivered to our table after we finished our meal. Half our table was cleared and then we sat there again for a long time. Eventually the rest of the table was cleared, but now our to go order was cold. The check finally came and we left. The kitchen does a great job here, but the service needs a lot of work

• Visited December 2012