“I go at least a few times a month”
Review of Magpie

Magpie
Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in Greenfield
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Its a fun, fresh and friendly Italian/Mediterranean Bistro with an all wood-fired oven, featuring small plates, salads, pastas, pizzas, steak, fish, and hearty fare. A full bar, and featuring a nice patio. Reservations for more than 6 & call ahead wait list on the day of. Love to see you soon!
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I have read a few of the lesser reviews and feel that no one should listen to their ramblings. The food and staff here are on point. I have never had a bad experience here. Meatball app, mussels, stromboli, asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, salads, all great! Pizzas are very good and if you want a vegetarian or gluten free crust worth eating they have it. The prices are a little more than your typical pizza place but I know I am eating fresh food served with love

3  Thank DavidHD413

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I don't know but wood fired pizza is hard to get right. Maybe it was me but I am not a fan of black crust.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We found ourselves in Greenfield MA looking for dinner. The Mag Pie Wood fired Pizza restaurant was suggested to us. We’re from California, but have both lived in the North East in the past. One of the things we really miss about the East Coast is good pizza which is nearly impossible to get in our area of California. As we rarely get to the East Coast anymore we were very keen on satisfying our need for good East Coast pizza. We didn’t find it here.

This restaurant seems to be more of an upscale “New Age” sort of place – well at least upscale from a typical pizza parlor. A bit pretentious for a town like Greenfield – more like what you might find in Manhattan. The menu is quite limited. Less than a dozen pizza combos (plus a “Build your own” option), and less than a handful of other entrée’s They only make pizza in one size (11”). Of the listed Pizza combos, many times something that would normally be a standard, had some other “arty” thing added into the mix. For example, a staple of the pizza world, “Sausage” comes with Broccoli as well. I wound up with a “Pepperoni” (but without the Mushrooms that comes on their listed pie). It was so-so. The crust was good, not too crisp or too doughy and not too thick with a distinct wood fire flavor. That part was good. But the tomato sauce had an unusual flavor that I didn’t care for all that much and the sausage was not very spicy (they didn’t have different options for the spiciness of the meat).

Anyway, if you like creative and unusual offerings in the Italian genre. And don’t mind paying more than is normal for pizza in New England, you’ll probably like this place. However, if you’re after traditional East Coast Italian food and Pizza you may be disappointed here.

If you found this information useful in your decision making process, you gleaned information you may not otherwise have discovered, or you just enjoyed reading it and appreciate the time I put into writing it, please give me a "helpful" vote. You’re welcome to contact me through danhartfordphoto dot com or through the “Ask Caifdan69 about .........” button at the bottom of this review

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Their bread and wood-fired pizza crust is so delicious and springy, if you want to really enjoy your carbs this is the place to go. You can order one of their wood-fired pizza concoctions like Fennel, Arugula & Goat Cheese or build your own from a sizable list of toppings. They have a lot of interesting and refreshing adult beverages on offer. Their entrees are also quite exceptional. This is a fun place to go with friends or on a date. They don't take reservations for parties less than 6, however, you can call ahead and have your name added to the wait list.

1  Thank Delia C
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I love going here late in the evenings for light meals/drinks. The drinks are tasty and go wonderfully with their pizzas. I've never had any of their entrees but they looks super.

1  Thank Nils J