“Great Idea...But Needs A Lot of Work and Attention”
Review of Energy Park

Energy Park
Ranked #9 of 17 things to do in Greenfield
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a wonderful park and outdoor concert venue. There are several music series here throughout the summertime. I have included a link and URL for your perusal.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Energy Park was a great idea, but the last time I walked down there... did not feel safe. The stage area which is used for some great summer performances was occupied by a group of men who were smoking and swearing and one was urinating in the bushes. The preserved railroad car had graffiti on it and the area looked dirty with visible trash that needed to be picked up. On a positve note I did see a young family there with their children enjoying playing on the small train. It was a great idea to have a town park, but it doesn't looked policed or maintained. I am a resident of Greenfield and I do not plan to walk down there again any time soon. I don't think that my experience is isolated because I have spoken to others who have had the same impressions.

3  Thank Michie1291

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Some reviews talk of sketchy characters in the park. Like any park, it is free and open to the public and can attract some wary folks. However, catch a concert here some summer evening and you will find lots of families, visitors young and old and all ages in between, enjoying the free summer concert series which happens every Thursday evening 6-8pm from the last Thursday in May through August. The town recreation dept also hosts a few Sunday concerts with well known artists. It is a gem of a spot!

1  Thank KMSCma
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Nice diversity of music in evening concerts during the summer. Like that they use solar energy to power the stage, too.

2  Thank brycegirl
Reviewed July 9, 2012

it has a caboose there....not much else. Wehn we went there was a couple making out at a table. We werent' impressed.

2  Thank Pat E
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The few times I've passed here there have been teenage boys with their pants hanging low, underwear hanging out, swearing, and a few were smoking and drinking beer. They were clearly underage.. maybe 14-16 yrs old. The police get called there often enough that I wouldnt want to let my kids go there.

2  Thank lovetotravel44411