“Too stuck in the mud.”

Dining options: Reservations
Greenfield MA
“Too stuck in the mud.”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I think the bar must be the reason this place stays open. I try it again every now and then, and it's still not for me. Sweet service, but the kitchen is slow as molasses and the food is really not good. The food is cooked as though your brother, who's trying to be nice and make you a meal because you're tired, cooked it. But he hasn't cooked since he was 12 and sort of remembers how....

1 Thank DrSharonGreenfieldMA

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Don't bother -- not worth it”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Very disappointed with this place. A number of regular menu choices were not available, and only one of the featured specials was available. Service was horrible. Couldn't get a glass of water despite asking three times. Bartender was totally disinterested, and kept retreating to the corner so he could play his little video game and ignore the customers.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank braumeister
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Awful Waitress”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This deserves a negative star rating simply due to the AWFUL service from the waitress Melissa. My friend and her family just went there for dinner and had a nice meal and a pleasant time. After my friend's mother picked up the tab, her Aunt offered to get the tip. We sat and chatted for about 10 minutes and then went out to our cars in the back parking lot.
We proceeded to chat a little more when the waitress, Melissa, came storming out the back and charging our cars. Then she slams money down on the hood of my friend's Mom's car, and says "You forgot your change!" The mother says very innocently, "No, that's yours", and Melissa says, "You must need it more than I do!" and stormed back into the restaurant. We were in shock. My friend's Mother and Aunt, not understanding what Melissa was doing, were confused and offended saying that they had left a decent tip.
I am half of this almost 50 year old waitress' age, and I would never act the way she did. It was rude, tasteless, and uncalled for. Her behavior was absolutely disgusting. Furthermore, her service didn't warrant the tip she did receive. Melissa needs to realize that she is in the customer service industry and should be a RESPECTFUL human being. She should have been grateful for any tip she received considering the fact that she did not deserve ANY! She should have kept it and tried buying some class with it.
Needless to say, we will never be going back to the Greenfield Grille. If anyone wants to, I would suggest specifically requesting NOT to have the nasty Melissa as your waitress.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank dan w
“Banquet room”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Sat in the banquet room with my good friend zoe wakefield and had a very enjoyable dinner. The haddock was a little dry but the steak tips were excellent

Arlington, Massachusetts
“Welcoming staff, good beer!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I went to the Greenfield Grille for lunch, and sat at the bar. The bar staff was funny, personable and helpful. Lunch was tasty and filling, and the beer selection was great (with some local brews on tap). Next time we're in Greenfield for lunch, I'm sure we'll go to the Greenfield Grille.

• Visited July 2011