“Awful Waitress”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This deserves a negative star rating simply due to the AWFUL service from the waitress Melissa. My friend and her family just went there for dinner and had a nice meal and a pleasant time. After my friend's mother picked up the tab, her Aunt offered to get the tip. We sat and chatted for about 10 minutes and then went out to our cars in the back parking lot.
We proceeded to chat a little more when the waitress, Melissa, came storming out the back and charging our cars. Then she slams money down on the hood of my friend's Mom's car, and says "You forgot your change!" The mother says very innocently, "No, that's yours", and Melissa says, "You must need it more than I do!" and stormed back into the restaurant. We were in shock. My friend's Mother and Aunt, not understanding what Melissa was doing, were confused and offended saying that they had left a decent tip.
I am half of this almost 50 year old waitress' age, and I would never act the way she did. It was rude, tasteless, and uncalled for. Her behavior was absolutely disgusting. Furthermore, her service didn't warrant the tip she did receive. Melissa needs to realize that she is in the customer service industry and should be a RESPECTFUL human being. She should have been grateful for any tip she received considering the fact that she did not deserve ANY! She should have kept it and tried buying some class with it.
Needless to say, we will never be going back to the Greenfield Grille. If anyone wants to, I would suggest specifically requesting NOT to have the nasty Melissa as your waitress.

3  Thank dan w

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Sat in the banquet room with my good friend zoe wakefield and had a very enjoyable dinner. The haddock was a little dry but the steak tips were excellent

Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I went to the Greenfield Grille for lunch, and sat at the bar. The bar staff was funny, personable and helpful. Lunch was tasty and filling, and the beer selection was great (with some local brews on tap). Next time we're in Greenfield for lunch, I'm sure we'll go to the Greenfield Grille.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stopped in for lunch on my way thru town. Good food, good service, good prices.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

I love fried chicken and though I'm a good cook, I've never succeeded in making this meal and have stopped trying. That is why when the urge hits it is important to have a place where I can count on consistently good fried chicken with all the trimmings (including the necessary mashed potatoes). My husband and I were happy to find that Greenfield Grille has it all. With a side of grilled asparagus, I have to say I haven't found a place that does it better.