“Only if you're desperate!”

Days Inn Greenfield
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Greenfield
Reviewed October 30, 2013

When we pulled up to check in at around 11:00 p.m., there was a scary woman leaning out one of the rooms smoking, like she was operating a drive thru of some sort. Not a good first impression. We wondered if she was selling something out of the room. The clerk, I think his name was Joe, was the only pleasant thing about this motel. He was very nice and professional. We got to our room. The carpet was worn with holes in it. The trimwork was worn. The tub was even dirty. It was not appealing at all. The bedding was cheap and old.

The breakfast experience was memorable! We walked out and it looked like the backstage set from Annie. There was a breakfast room absolutely full of disheveled people, and mostly children. There wasn't a seat to sit in. We dripped out the last of the waffle batter and maneuvered for a couple of seats. It was an uncomfortable breakfast. It was difficult for the employees to keep up with the mess of feeding all the kids. I noticed a previous contributor felt the hotel might be being run as a half-way house for families. I think something along those lines is going on here. When we went to check out, there was a completely different set of kids filling the breakfast room.

I didn't give this hotel the lowest rating only due to the pleasant night clerk and the fact that we didn't see any bugs. We were happy to leave.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 22, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My family made reservations for 3 rooms. We arrived this past weekend (10/11/13) at 11 pm after a 10 hour drive only to find out that they did not have the 3 rooms for us. We presented confirmation numbers and still nothing. The people at the desk were not helpful at all. They basically said there was nothing they could do and sent us on our way. All hotels in the area were sold out. We were basically left to our own devices. I will NEVER stay at a days inn again...or at any of the Wyndham family of hotels if this is how they run their business.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We made a reservation a month in advance but when we turned up there was no room. At least two other guests were turned away in the same fifteen minutes we were waiting to talk to the receptionist, both of whom had reservations as well. We did not get to stay here but it looked really grim. The staff on reception were nice under the circumstance.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is by far the worst place we have ever stayed at. Unfortunately we were driving through town and had no internet to check this hotel on trip advisor. Apparently the hotel is full of families living there, kids running around unattended, staff who could care less, very dirty. I should have know something was up when the person at the desk asked if we wanted to pay cash. We had a dirty room on the first floor, people in and out slamming doors all night, apparently going outside to smoke. We did not even consider the "free breakfast" as employees were all around not bothering to clean up the mess on the floor that was there from the day before. I didn't even dare to take a shower, just got out of there as fast as possible.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I paid $109/night for a fungus trap - the staff were
very nice but it was a disgusting place to stay. Much like other guests have mentioned, the carpet on the stairs were ripped and dirty, babies screaming from other rooms all night long (I'm told this place is used by the Red Cross for temp. shelter for low income families) - this is NOT a place to stay on vacation - I think management has a lot of nerve charging such high rates knowing the guests are dealing with this situation because the quality is not there, the cleanliness is not there and the "vacationing feeling" is not there! I found a pubic hair on the toilet when I first arrived!! I was mortified to use the sheets but if I could have stayed somewhere else, I would have. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a good night's sleep, sleep in the car!
Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank HFJones
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If I could have stayed somewhere's else I would have. Dirty place, holes on stair carpets, stained carpets in room. Sheets that did not fit the bed. Holes in the curtains. Do you need more???

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
#1 of 3 in Amherst
Deerfield Inn
Deerfield Inn
#1 of 1 in Deerfield

Been to Days Inn Greenfield? Share your experiences!