“Worst hotel I've ever stayed at”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Greenfield
Reviewed March 25, 2012

While we were checking in, the clerk decided that he couldn't find our reservation. So he called the manager and headed out for a smoke. The room was dirty and REEKED of smoke, even though we were assured that it was nonsmoking. I had an important event the next day and all my clothes smelled awful. We tried to get a new room, but they were outside smoking again. Big surprise. Never staying at a days inn again. At least definitely not this one

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank veryculturedtraveler
jmalaviya, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

To whom it may concern,

On behalf of Days Inn, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at the Days Inn.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank you.

Niketa M.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

First of all do not go to this hotel!!!! I booked this hotel with priceline as i got there i got a bad feeling the dumpsters outside were overfilled with garbage as i walked in i notice how the place was dirty i thought to myself "oh no" as i try to check in the receptionist " Courtney" could not find any record of my reservation even though I had my reservation details printed out with my comfirmation number from priceline, after a while of looking for my reservation, trying to call somebody on the phone and looking lost like she had no clue what she was doing she try to double charge me checking me in like i didn't have a reservation even though i had paid for it already and as this is going on what was disturbing to me was that the cleaning lady was arguing with the cleaning guy in the lobby with customers watching throwing F bombs in everything she said as she was changing the trash from the lobby. After this mess I called priceline and cancelled my reservation and i did not check in at that hotel. I ended up calling Red Roof Inn which was GREAT! and there's a really nice Hampton Inn next to this dump. THIS PLACE IS GUETTO!!!! I"m telling this from the heart cause i don't want anybody to go through what i went through there. Thanks.

Room Tip: Go to red roof inn stead or hampton inn next door.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

To whom it may concern,

On behalf of Days Inn please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at the Days Inn.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. If you contact us here at the hotel we will be more than willing to accommodate you at this location or another location we have.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank you.

Niketa Brahmbhatt

Reviewed November 17, 2011

this place sucks! the majority of the people who work there ( except for chelsea and andre) are awful! They spend their time in a group talking about the guests very loudly at the front dest. they are so un kid family friendly yelling at the kids telling them to shut up as they pass by being kids, not being loud or rude. They yell at parents telling them very embarassingly how to raise their kids.They degraded the guests who had to live their by putting their stuff all their personal belongs in the hallway for 4-8 houses so they could deep clean the rooms meanwhile anyone who walked by had access to see or steal their stuff. i HAD ONE SET OF CLEAN SHEETS AND TOWELS DURING THE WEEK. THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THEIR CROWED RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOORS SMOKING CIGERETTES THE WHOLE PLACE STINKS. MY ROOM HAD BLACK MOLD i HAD TO THROW OUT THREE CANVAS BACKS THAT GOT COVERED WITH MOLD. THEIR WERE BUGS AND LOTS OF SPIDERS. SOME ONE TOOK MY CLOTHES OUT OF THE DRYER WET!!!!!!!!!! HELL HOLE

Room Tip: Run away!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank m b

Dear {Receiver}

Niketa M.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My supposed non-smoking room was clearly a formerly smoked in room. The entire hallway reeked of stale smoke. All of the rooms on the hall had a non-smoking sign on them, but there is no way to turn a formerly smoking room to non-smoking. After returning home, my husband was repulsed by the smell of my pajamas, just from sleeping in the room for one night. When I complained, they tried to tell me that the hall and room had never been smoked in. At least be honest!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
jmalaviya, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us a feedback. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 413-774-5578.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We arrived at 9:30 PM to a dirty refurbished motel with brown steaks on the tile which was dirty. When we entered our room we thought someone was in there, the TV was on and the beds were unmade so we shut the door and went down to the lobby, but it was the right room, it just wasn't made up yet!! There was no elevator and we were on the second floor. The front desk clerk, while waiting on us proceeded to tell her boyfriend when he walked in that she "was mad at him!" What service. We were there for a convention and many of our friends were there too and some complained of smoke smelling rooms. I will never stay at a Days Inn if I can help it again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nessa53

Dear Guest:

We have addressed the issues with housekeeping and front desk and should not have this problem again. Once again I am very sorry.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The motel smells of cigarette smoke... so if you don't mind that... The hallway smelled like cigarette smoke and so did our room. I don't think the housekeeping department knows what they're doing. Our bathroom floor was slippery and smelled very perfume-y (like they put something on it that wasn't meant for floors). We asked the girl in the lobby for a mop but she said they didn't have any and gave us a handful of bathmats to lay on the floor. I did not feel comfortable walking around the room bare foot, so I kept my shoes on at all times.

The personnel in the lobby were very nice, but limited as to what they could do to remedy the situation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Hello,

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I do apologize for your smoke smell and we are trying our best to fix it.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.Again, thank you for giving us your feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 413-774-5578.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Rooms were clean but rather small only because there were too many chairs in it. Wi-fi available free. Breakfast included was modest but adequate. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure you have been provided enough wash cloths and towels.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us a feedback. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
0 mi away
#1 of 3 in Amherst
Deerfield Inn
Deerfield Inn
#1 of 1 in Deerfield

Been to Days Inn Greenfield? Share your experiences!