“Dirty & Will NEVER Stay @ A Days Inn Chain AGAIN !!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Great Barrington

Days Inn Great Barrington
Maine, USA
“Dirty & Will NEVER Stay @ A Days Inn Chain AGAIN !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

We didn't expect to sleep in grime and someone else’s blood stained bed, nor shower in a dirt covered tub or cuddle up in a cigarette-burn holed comforter. Along with the room being a complete horror, the housekeeping staff could not speak a lick of English(which would be expected if not in AMERICA) when I asked for towels four times with no avail. Nor was the customer service in which I received acceptable.
I’m completely and utterly disgusted with the overall service of our stay. My husband and I checked out EVEN after being told that we were going to have to pay. The gentleman at the counter didn’t hesitate and reminding us that “The charge will still remain on your account if you leave right now”, not ONCE asking why we were leaving after all the phone complaints & questions no sort of questioning to ask our dissatisfaction, this is complete ludicrous.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelFromMaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Bronson, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

We had stayed at this Days Inn a few years back and were not pleased with our experience. While visiting the Berkshires again this Memorial Day weekend, we tried making reservations at another place we enjoy, but they were booked up. We called and after explaining our past experience to the clerk, we were informed that the management had changed and they assured us we would not go through what we did previously. Reluctantly we made the reservation and arrived at the hotel expecting the worse. We were delighted from the moment we entered the office to check in, which put us a bit at ease. The clerk at the desk was very helpful and even let us see the room before we registered, which we thought was a plus. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable, which is often a problem for me, due to my size. One of the reasons we stayed there a few years ago, was location. We like the fact that we can walk a couple of blocks to the shops downtown, restaurants and even the theatre. The Days Inn is definitely our new Berkshire choice. Thanks and please don’t change!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

We had a great stay at the Days Inn! Walking distance to everything, room was very clean and the folks were very friendly! Exactly what we were looking for resonable price, close to everything and clean! We'll be back....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

I love the Berkshires but it's tough to find a place where you don't need a car to get around. The Peter Pan Bus from NYC drops you literally in front of the Days Inn. A couple of blocks away you can find great coffee, restaurants and all the adorable boutique shops of Great Barrington. There's also a River Walk nearby. The rooms are clean with new refrigerators and fixtures. My single was large and private and everyone who worked here was extremely friendly. By far the most well placed hotel in the Great Barrington area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

though some of the reviews were scary, I needed a couple nights of lodging at the peak of the spring tourist season (graduations, reunions, and weddings on every corner). Located a block or two south of the main downtown area but convenient to lots of stuff this place fit the bill. The room was larger than I expected, and spartan, but very comfortable. Windows opened and I was happy to sleep with fresh air, so never tested the hvac. One evening I sat on the balcony (actually the walk way across the front of the second floor) and enjoyed the evening view of the mountains to the east. Breakfast looked thin, and the coffee was not up to my standards, but there was a Dunkin' Donuts on my way to work so I didn't mind.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

I would reccommend this hotel: nice place to stay, right in the middle of town, near everything - comfortable beds, many restaurants all only a block away. Good choice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

I can't believe some of the reviews I am reading on here. I am at this hotel right now, I have stayed here many times in the last few years, yes may have needed some updating in the past but I have to tell you, I am seeing alot of changes in the last few months. They are doing a lot with this place there is a painting company here, looks like major updates, a lot of outdated reviews on here try this place. Great people here and now even better rooms . Just one other thing I read on here it said they did not have internet, this place has full wireless or I could not have writen this review. I will continue to stay here, comfortable at a reasonable rate and we can all stand to save as much as possible these days. Hope the review helps.

• Stayed April 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 9 in Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 9 in Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#3 of 9 in Great Barrington
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Days Inn Great Barrington? Share your experiences!