“Private, clean and an amazing location for walking”

Days Inn Great Barrington
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Great Barrington
New York City, New York
“Private, clean and an amazing location for walking”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I love the Berkshires but it's tough to find a place where you don't need a car to get around. The Peter Pan Bus from NYC drops you literally in front of the Days Inn. A couple of blocks away you can find great coffee, restaurants and all the adorable boutique shops of Great Barrington. There's also a River Walk nearby. The rooms are clean with new refrigerators and fixtures. My single was large and private and everyone who worked here was extremely friendly. By far the most well placed hotel in the Great Barrington area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 16, 2010

though some of the reviews were scary, I needed a couple nights of lodging at the peak of the spring tourist season (graduations, reunions, and weddings on every corner). Located a block or two south of the main downtown area but convenient to lots of stuff this place fit the bill. The room was larger than I expected, and spartan, but very comfortable. Windows opened and I was happy to sleep with fresh air, so never tested the hvac. One evening I sat on the balcony (actually the walk way across the front of the second floor) and enjoyed the evening view of the mountains to the east. Breakfast looked thin, and the coffee was not up to my standards, but there was a Dunkin' Donuts on my way to work so I didn't mind.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I would reccommend this hotel: nice place to stay, right in the middle of town, near everything - comfortable beds, many restaurants all only a block away. Good choice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I can't believe some of the reviews I am reading on here. I am at this hotel right now, I have stayed here many times in the last few years, yes may have needed some updating in the past but I have to tell you, I am seeing alot of changes in the last few months. They are doing a lot with this place there is a painting company here, looks like major updates, a lot of outdated reviews on here try this place. Great people here and now even better rooms . Just one other thing I read on here it said they did not have internet, this place has full wireless or I could not have writen this review. I will continue to stay here, comfortable at a reasonable rate and we can all stand to save as much as possible these days. Hope the review helps.

• Stayed April 2010
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for two nights during February. I don't normally stay in Great Barrington when I ski there but I wanted to be close to both Catamount and Butternut Ski Basins without having to do much extra driving - there was a winter storm warning in effect, as well as heavy snow, during my stay. (The weather made for great skiing, but less than desirable driving.) Initially I chose this hotel for the location and price - The location of the hotel is excellent - very close to both mountains, and to all main shops and restaurants in Great Barrington and the price was lower than most hotels in the area. As far as my stay there, my room was very clean, the staff was very nice and well informed. I didn't need directions to the mountains but they definitely offered, and also gave recommendations on restaurants nearby. I slept very well, and I thought the breakfast was decent - definitely in line with what you'd get at other hotels. My stay was good - no complaints at all and I'd definitely recommend to someone else.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Sackets Harbor, NY
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We stop here every time we travel to New England. The Days Inn is in a very convenient location for us and the staff is very friendly. On our most recent visit, I left behind my set of keys to the house, shop, mailbox, etc. One of the staff, Pravin, was most kind and expedient in sending it out to me. We will stay there whenever we are traveling through.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Vermont
Reviewed February 7, 2010

The only good thing about this property is the location and that is not enough. The room was musty and deteriorated and the windows were filthy.
It was noisy and cold and the beds were very uncomfortable with very poor quality linens and blankets.
The bathroom was not clean and there was 1/2 roll of toilet paper and no other to be found. Towels were terrible.
I have written a letter to their corporate headquaters expressing our dismay.
Do not stay here.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank isightgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 10 in Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#4 of 10 in Great Barrington
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Briarcliff Motel
Briarcliff Motel
#1 of 10 in Great Barrington

Been to Days Inn Great Barrington? Share your experiences!