“Cutest, cleanest Days Inn ever!”

Days Inn Great Barrington
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Great Barrington
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We often stay in Days Inn when traveling and we are now in a charming, comfortable room that is the best ever! We are minutes from all the downtown activities and restaurants, and people in this town are extremely friendly. The inn has beautiful flowers at the entry, a bright yellow canopy above the front door and the breakfast area has ice cream tables with glass tops. Beds are comfy, bathroom is clean, not here to watch tv, so no review on that The manager gave us tips on live theatre and we give this Days an A+++

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed two nights to attend a concert. Because it was high season, we paid $200+ which lead us to expect far more than we got. The good: it's within short walking distance of lovely downtown Great Barrington's restaurants, shops, and cafes. The bad: we were woken up both nights by noisy neighbors as the walls are extremely thin; the toilet bowl was either dirty or stained; the decor was tacky; the coffee was horrible and the continental breakfast didn't have healthy choices. The deal breaker for us were the thin walls. At 2 AM, I want to be able to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank GalleyCookNYC
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I travel alot for business, and have staying in a good many Day's Inn. While I do not usually review the hotels that I stay in, I decided that I unexpectantly enjoyed my business trip that I had to share my experience. I was a little hestitant at first when I looked at the outside of the Motel. But Don't let it fool you. I was told that it was redone a few years ago, and told the rooms were very comfortable and safe. I was not disappointed. The room was very comfy and there was a desk, which made it easier to work. As it had internet access. The the motel is just a few minutes walk to the towns downtown area, which provided a nice break when needed. With all the shops, and restuartants, it was a great experience. I have a little bit of a sweet tooth and enjoyed Robins Candy Store. It had a new and classic look to it that made me smile. Chocolate covered gummy bears were to die for. This downtown area was full of life, character and charm. It reminded me of what I missed most about small town life. And as an added benefit, when I need a change of scenery while working, there was a coffe shop that was amazing and provided free wifi as well. The motel offered a small contenental breakfeast which was very good, and if you don't want that then its a few minute to a dinner. I would like to go back and stay when I can stay longer and go on vacation from busy Boston.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Elaine W
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had limited choices in Great Barrington as we were coming in for the weekend for a family wedding. The rooms are very outdated (not even a flat screen tv) and dark. I got bites on my legs after the 1st night and my father slept in another room and actually saw a bug on him. We went to the bed bug registry and found out that there had been prior complaints about bed bugs. We were refunded out next stay. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
gbdaysinn, General Manager at Days Inn Great Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you very much for your time, feedback and choosing us to be your place of stay in Great Barrington during your wedding. We apologize that your stay was anything less then acceptional.

On your feedback regarding dated guestrooms, we hear you loud and clear and you will be glad to hear that we have completed phase 1 of our renovations. In recent months we have renovated our exterior by painting our the building with fresh inviting colors, we are changing our light fixtures to not only look better but to provide more lighting. In the guestrooms we have painted our guestrooms, put brand new pillowtop mattress sets, put all new bedding tops, and installed new window treatment. We believe we have freshened the rooms with these measures alone but we welcome our guest feedback and will make changes based on your voices. We also have phase 2 lined up which should be beginning in coming months which include all new furniture and High Definition Flat Screen TV's.

In regards to your issue with bed bugs, this is a huge hotel industry issue and we certainly don't take that issue lightly at out location. We like to think preventive steps and not reactive steps when it pertains to bed bugs. The preventive steps include using mattress bed bug protective covers, doing extensive inspections not only by our housekeeping team on a daily basis but by management team on a frequent basis as well to ensure an eyeball didn't miss anything. On top of that we have pest control that we reach out to immediately on those rare occassions a guest may suspect there might be bed bugs.

So I hope that brings a little ease to you knowing that the comfort and safety of our guest is our top priority. We hope you give us another chance if you are ever in the Great Barrington neigborhood and if you wish to discuss your stay further please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. My phone number is (413) 528-3150 and ask for Pravin.. Thanks again for sharing your feedback and concerns.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We checked in and my 8 yr old instantly started to have an allergic reaction to the room. We left after 5 minutes. Management reluctantly refunded 1 of our 2 nights, still waiting to see if they do the right thing and refund our second night. I would not recommend this motel if you or your kids have ANY allergy issues.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just spent the week in the Berkshires for a with the Family. We stayed a couple days at the Days Inn in Great Barringtin and had a GREAT experience. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for a getaway to the Berkshires!

1  Thank 351Buster
Reviewed July 6, 2012

A great spot for a quick visit to Great Barrington. It is a short walk to the town, Mahaiwe theatre, and all the great restaurants on RR street. Staff is friendly and helpful and it works as a great base camp for all the activities in GB!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#3 of 10 in Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 10 in Great Barrington
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Days Inn Great Barrington? Share your experiences!