All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfastmain streetgreat valuelime rock parkappalachian trailvery nice stayomeletbriancvsmoteldeskcerealgbbutternutmattressaccommodations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just spent the week in the Berkshires for a with the Family. We stayed a couple days at the Days Inn in Great Barringtin and had a GREAT experience. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for a getaway to the Berkshires!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 351Buster
Reviewed July 6, 2012

A great spot for a quick visit to Great Barrington. It is a short walk to the town, Mahaiwe theatre, and all the great restaurants on RR street. Staff is friendly and helpful and it works as a great base camp for all the activities in GB!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have never written a review until today. Last July 3rd, We decided to attend a James Taylor Concert at Tanglewood. After much search on the internet on July 2nd there were no reasonable rooms available at any B&B or Hotel in the area. With tickets waiting at the gate we decided we would find a place on the way home after the concet. As we entered Great Barrington, I remembered there was a Days Inn from my internet search. We decided to stop and see if we were lucky. The manager told us to come back in an hour - he believed there might be a room available. The Manager held the room for us. The room was Clean & Comfortable. By the way, the area was very quiet. For a Last Minute Decision on a Holiday Week in the Berkshires the Location worked Perfect. The Motel was close to Business Area to stroll over and enjoy Lunch and some shopping and close enough to Tanglewood. Hopefully we will be in the area again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was visiting Great Barrington for the Film Festival. I must admit that usually I would have gone for a small, quaint B&B, but no local B&B could beat the location of this Days Inn. It is close to town (walking distance), yet located away from the road, which means peace and quiet during the night. The hotel has a feel of a small, family-run B&B. The staff was very accommodating, pleasant, and indeed going out of their way to make their guests comfortable. They successfully created a very warm atmosphere in their hotel. The rooms are clean and functional, and the beds are comfortable. The windows seem all to be new, and double-glazed, which ensures that there is no outside noise. There is also plenty of parking. I was impressed to notice that the desk staff seemed to know the names of some of their frequent guests, and seemed to be particularly mindful of guests who were handicapped, by ensuring that they had ground level accommodation with a parking space specially reserved for them right outside their door. They also did all they could to keep me in the same room throughout my stay, even though it was a busy week, and I was extending my stay day by day. All in all it was a very good hotel experience. I will come back next time I am in the area.

A traveler from San Francisco

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Let me admit right up front that I normally stay in a B and B for the cozy atmosphere, the interactions with owners, the added amenities, etc. However, this was a trip in which I needed to be within walking distance to relatives and on short notice I thought I got a good deal.
What others have said about location are absolutely right on. It's fantastic. I was able to walk each morning up the hills and around the neighborhood where I grew up.

But...I found the room rather shabby. The color scheme was dark and dreary for one thing so I surmise that I wasn't in one of the recently remodeled rooms. Yes, it was clean and that's a plus and yes, the king size bed was comfortable. But....
It was SO noisy! If I had been there on business I probably wouldn't have minded that they came around to begin cleaning at the crack of dawn but, since I was on vacation, I wasn't ready to give up my room at 8 AM for a towel change. I desperately wanted some fresh air but during the painting of the exterior walls, for some reason, the screens were removed from the windows so I couldn't open to the outdoors without letting the critters in.

The office staff was lovely but the breakfast area is so tiny that only two or three could actually use it at the same time. The coffee was hot and there was raisin bran, that's all I needed.
I just had to add my review as I think that the 5 star reviews are misleading. When you've been in a 5 star location, you'll know it and this isn't it even thought The Days Inn is perfectly adequate.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family