All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfastmain streetgreat valueappalachian trailvery nice stayomeletbriancvsmoteldeskcerealgbbutternutmattressaccommodationsct
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was visiting Great Barrington for the Film Festival. I must admit that usually I would have gone for a small, quaint B&B, but no local B&B could beat the location of this Days Inn. It is close to town (walking distance), yet located away from the road, which means peace and quiet during the night. The hotel has a feel of a small, family-run B&B. The staff was very accommodating, pleasant, and indeed going out of their way to make their guests comfortable. They successfully created a very warm atmosphere in their hotel. The rooms are clean and functional, and the beds are comfortable. The windows seem all to be new, and double-glazed, which ensures that there is no outside noise. There is also plenty of parking. I was impressed to notice that the desk staff seemed to know the names of some of their frequent guests, and seemed to be particularly mindful of guests who were handicapped, by ensuring that they had ground level accommodation with a parking space specially reserved for them right outside their door. They also did all they could to keep me in the same room throughout my stay, even though it was a busy week, and I was extending my stay day by day. All in all it was a very good hotel experience. I will come back next time I am in the area.

A traveler from San Francisco

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Let me admit right up front that I normally stay in a B and B for the cozy atmosphere, the interactions with owners, the added amenities, etc. However, this was a trip in which I needed to be within walking distance to relatives and on short notice I thought I got a good deal.
What others have said about location are absolutely right on. It's fantastic. I was able to walk each morning up the hills and around the neighborhood where I grew up.

But...I found the room rather shabby. The color scheme was dark and dreary for one thing so I surmise that I wasn't in one of the recently remodeled rooms. Yes, it was clean and that's a plus and yes, the king size bed was comfortable. But....
It was SO noisy! If I had been there on business I probably wouldn't have minded that they came around to begin cleaning at the crack of dawn but, since I was on vacation, I wasn't ready to give up my room at 8 AM for a towel change. I desperately wanted some fresh air but during the painting of the exterior walls, for some reason, the screens were removed from the windows so I couldn't open to the outdoors without letting the critters in.

The office staff was lovely but the breakfast area is so tiny that only two or three could actually use it at the same time. The coffee was hot and there was raisin bran, that's all I needed.
I just had to add my review as I think that the 5 star reviews are misleading. When you've been in a 5 star location, you'll know it and this isn't it even thought The Days Inn is perfectly adequate.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

One of the best motels we visited on a 21 day tour of eastern USA. Clean, comfortable and well managed. The staff were very responsive to our needs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I called ahead after already having a reservation at the Travelodge and they worked with me on the price. They were very friendly. The beds are very comfortable and it is walking distance to the restaurants and stores. I very much enjoyed staying there and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We found the rooms very clean, comfortable and with plenty of ammenities. The bed was comfortable.The price is is just right. You are within minutes of the downtown so access to the restaurants, cafes, churches and the Mahaiwe Theater is quick and easy. There is convenient driving access to a yoga and meditation retreat center and the Berkshire Botannical Gardens. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We never stay anywhere else when in Great Barrington.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple