“The friendliness keeps bring us back”

Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Great Barrington
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We have been staying here for a long weekend at least once a year for many years. The host is very friendly and helpful, Our trip this year was put "up in the air" due to the uncertainty about how severely Hurricane Earl would effect our coastal home, but the host/ manger resolved everything in a most pleasant manner. Rooms here are ALWAYS very clean and well kept. Lantern House has really become our "second home" when attending events at nearby Lime Rock Park, Both couples and families would be happy staying here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2010

Had to make an unscheduled "family business" trip to MA from FL that was anything but leisure. The warmth I received from Hasu (owner) when I arrived set the atmosphere for the duration of my stay at The Lantern House. The room was the cleanest I have ever experienced on the road. The proximity to whatever you might need is in either direction from the motel but the motel is nestled from enough back from the road that I didn't hear any traffic noise during the night with the room windows open.

I will stay there on all of my future trips to the area and would highly recommend to get the value of what your money can buy by staying there.

Bob

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2010

This small motel is a very nice find in the Berkshires, especially since it gives value during the busy Tanglewood season. We took two rooms - one for our adult daughter, the other for my husband and myself. The rooms were meticulously clean, the beds comfortable, the salt water pool inviting, and the owner accommodating and friendly. It's located conveniently enough to walk to places like nearby Friendly's, yet set back enough so that the traffic doesn't disturb. It's a few minutes ride to Tanglewood but worth it. We'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Very pleasant rooms - well decorated and inviting. The host was very charming and helpful. I would definitely recommend this to my friends as it is value for money. The salt water swimming pool is beatifully kept and a treat to swim in.

Andy and Linda, Hamilton, New Zealand.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The room was large, clean, super comfortable.

Just be aware not to leave anything behind you, because, as the owner said
"it goes straight to the trash"

I hope they will change this policy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sugarlipskisses
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My mother-in-law and I were on one of our Tanglewood getaways and I chose this hotel based on prior reviews and price. We stayed only one night and were pleased with the accommodations. The room was a nice size, neat and clean. The owner was very eager to please and recommended a good place for breakfast (Martin's). We did not have the continental breakfast or swim in the saltwater pool. Good location off the road at a good price. If you grew up staying at mom and pop motels when vacationing as a kid, this will be a nostalgic place for you.

The only issue I had, which was minor, was there was a smell of bleach which I found a bit strong. Not sure if it was from the towels or the bathroom cleaning.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I planned to be in the Great Barrington massachusetts area for vacation. i booked 2 nights in the Lantern House Motel. 3 days before going on vacation, my daughter developed a tooth problem and it had to be taken care of right before we were to leave, and she was probably going to be in pain. We had to cancel our stay at the hotel. Masu, the owner, was nice enough to offer that "if he books the room " before the weekend, he will not bill me for the rooms. He kept his promise, re-booked the rooms, and did not charge me for the 2 nights. Thank you Hasu. See you soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
#4 of 10 in Great Barrington
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 10 in Great Barrington
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#5 of 16 in Lenox

Been to Lantern House Motel Great Barrington? Share your experiences!