“More than we expected!!”

Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Boston, Massachusetts
“More than we expected!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I have stayed in various hotels and motels in this area and were so pleased with the value of this motel!
First of all, the owner is very attentive and responsive. He promised a clean and comfortable stay and definitely delivered. Very clean room with brand new comfortable beds, nice sheets and new rugs. A great breakfast room,(a la carte) well stocked, and coffee was very good. (And I love Coffee)
The property has very nice pool outback and little play area that kept my 2 nephews busy for an afternoon.
The motel is very close to town, restaurants, hiking, biking trails..really reasonable rate!!!
We'll be back.

Room Tip: Any room is fine!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Keyport, New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2014

As a cycling enthusiast, I really wanted to go to GB to ride on some of the roads and experience the town, as I heard a lot of great things about GB. I looked to TripAdvisor to see which hotel would best suit me, so I chose The Green Lantern. At first, I was skeptical as some of the other hotels in the area were really pricey. However, I was totally shocked and amazed at the price and the hospitality offered by the hotel manager. The manager even let me bring my bike into my hotel room!

A couple of other notes: the hotel is located down the block from a really cool bike shop. Additionally, the hotel is on a flat road so you can warm up accordingly for a bike ride (don't worry, there are plenty of hills that you will encounter in the area ;)). It is also equidistant from the GB town center and a nearby state park (both 1.5 miles away respectively). There are plenty of high quality restaurants in the area (or if you prefer something traditional, there is a McDonalds and a Subway store down the block). I should add that there is a really cool donut shop next door to the hotel (mmm....donuts). To note: there is a continental breakfast that is offered at this hotel.

In short, this hotel stay was really awesome and I will most definitely visit the area and the hotel again. For anyone that wants to do the Great Barrington bike ride on 8/16/14, I would strongly suggest staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank mslater2009
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed a night here in Aug 2013 while hiking the AT. They welcomed hikers and offered clean, well maintained rooms at a fair price. Friendly staff and a good nights sleep. Can't as for anything more. Jeff

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jeff C
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stay here about 2 times a year. This year we were greeted by renovated rooms with great new carpeting. I didn't even think the old carpet needed replacing !
The Lantern House Staff is always extremely helpful and accomodating.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else on our visits to Great Barrington.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank grimalf
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We spent one night in this motel. Everything we needed was there, the motel is very clean and the owner is helpful and kind. Bathroom was good, shower was great and it also had a tub but we didn't use that one. It also has a salt water pool but we did not use that one either because we had too little time. The room also had at a television and breakfast was included.Thanks for a great stay, kind regards from Amsterdam!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Willemvanwalsem
East Schodack
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed one night and the rooms (we booked 5 rooms total) were spotless. Very comfortable beds. Very pleasant, helpful owners. Wish we had more time to stay and enjoy the pool because it looked so inviting.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Halvio1961
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. The owner is on site and provides all that you request. Beautiful pool area... No chlorine... a salt pool.
We will return to the Lantern again. Within one mile you can choose from 20 restaurants and many shops.
There is the Mahaiwe theatre nearby and the triplex movie house. Main street of Great Barrington is around the corner.

• Stayed May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
#4 of 9 in Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 9 in Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 9 in Great Barrington
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Briarcliff Motel
Briarcliff Motel
#1 of 9 in Great Barrington

Been to Lantern House Motel Great Barrington? Share your experiences!