“Hidden gem - best burger, great selection of beers on tap - not to be missed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brick House Pub

Brick House Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Garden City, New York
“Hidden gem - best burger, great selection of beers on tap - not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Owners of the Briarcliff Motel mentioned this one to us as well - If you GPS it, it is actually in Housatonic, but a 5 minute ride from the Briarcliff in Great Barrington. Burgers were great - big thumbs up and they have other food including pizzas also.Nice selection of local beers and it is kid friendly - they have a kids menu. Great place for watching games with big screen TV.. and let me not forget our outstanding server (Jenna). Normally I am not fussy about beer, but I was not familiar with the brands and wanted to make sure I got one I liked - Jenna immediately asked me what I was looking for and brought over some samples without me even asking - great food and service - a memorable night! We will be back for sure the next time we visit the Berkshires! Loved it!

Visited February 2012

New York
“It is the best burger in the Berkshires!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

The young partners have done a great job turning this bar/restaurant into a Housatonic destination. The food is good solid pub fare, the bar is active and there are plans for more live music. Go and have a good night at reasonable prices and try the burger!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jugendstrasse
New Canaan, Connecticut
“Great Hamburgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

The owners of The Briarcliff Motel recommended this restaurant and we are so happy they did! It looked like just a bar when we walked in and once sat down, with our kids, we did not expect much. We were so wrong. I had a soup for an appetizer and then a salad for my main, both were excellent. My husband had a hamburger which he thought was the best he ever had - which is a big deal as he loves his hamburgers. If in the area again, we will be back. Actually, we have to go back just to try the Truffle Fries.

Visited January 2012
NY and Southwestern MA
“So glad it's here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

To say "it's not to be missed" is a bit of an exaggeration--unless you live in the area, or want a taste of real Berkshire life. But if you do, this is the place that SO needed to happen--an actual gathering place with good food that's not primarily catering to tourists--no fluff, no pressure, just the essentials, done well. I was there the other night with a friend who's a chef and had the freshest salad with Equinox Farm greens, a great burger, and delicious cheesecake. The wine was good, too, as was the service. The place was filled with singles (you'd feel just fine going alone), couples, families hanging out with babies and well-behaved children--the pub life we've so longed for. Water is filtered, a bonus I want to mention in order to encourage other restaurants to do it. Thank you, thank you!

• Visited August 2011
Falls Church Virgini
“Don't order the Chili unless you like overly hot food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I recently went there both on a Saturday and Sunday evening when I was visiting from out of town.

Friendly service while sitting at the bar. The Pizza looked good.

My Friday night burger was fantastic. Fresh local ingredients.

However, my Sunday night Chili was absolutely dreadful. WAY too spicey and greasy. Twenty four hours later, I still feel sick from eating what little I could. I've never gotten sick like this before from chili.

I should have sent it back. Not sure if I would have been charged though.

I probably will go back if I'm up there again for the drinks, burgers and pizza.

• Visited July 2011