“Finally strong enough coffee”
Review of Fuel Coffee Shop

Fuel Coffee Shop
Philadelphia, PA
“Finally strong enough coffee”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I am often not satisfied with the strength of the latte's I get from coffee shops, never as good as the ones I make myself at home. This place was an exception.

Visited March 2012

Chatham, New York
“Boom!”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Quick bacon roll and a coffee to go is the nuts here,went back for another bacon roll,so good smoked bacon cooked for my perfection

Visited August 2011
New England
“More than a coffee shop - really good food!”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We recently visited Fuel, having been asked to meet there and not knowing anything about it. Given that it was called a coffee shop, we didn't expect anything more than coffee and maybe some pastries. But this is a truly fine place to go for a very good lunch! They have a creative menu of salads, sandwiches, crepes and other items (with several vegetarian option) - as well as the expected pastries - including some packaged vegan pastry options.

I had the Namaste Salad, which was delicious, huge, and looked like it would cure whatever ails you. Fresh and varied greens were topped with avocado, sunflower seeds, and other goodies, and served with a yummy vinaigrette on the side. The salad was so big it was spilling over the plate, and piled high, too. Well worth the $7.95 price (I am often amazed at how expensive skimpy salads are at many restaurants.) My tablemates enjoyed their sandwiches, which are named after various groovy real and unreal folks, like The Arlo (local boy) and The Zonker Harris. The sandwiches were also large and served on good quality bread, and filled with tasty and interesting fillings.

This is a coffee shop in that you order at the counter and clean up after yourself when you're done. Also in that various tables are taken by coffee drinkers with laptops. If you are ordering salads or crepes or sandwiches, you get a number and they bring you your food. That was my one quibble - the food came out over a very long period of time, so it was a bit awkward. But the staff was very nice, and the wait was worth it.

Th location is terrific for strolling downtown Great Barrington - it's in the heart of everything. Parking is a bit dicey, but if you are able to walk a few blocks, it should not be a huge problem.

We enjoyed the food here and will definitely return.

• Visited December 2011
fuelgb, Owner at Fuel Coffee Shop, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our coffee shop. After reading it we are inspired to add lettering to our window highlighting our salads, soups, sandwiches, gluten-free options etc. Thanks again for your kind and honest review. Come check out your handy work next time your in town.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Trendy by not being trendy... Great everyday coffee stop”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Hot and iced - both delicious and fast. Local, coffee house flavor to the service, but not too bohemian. I go everyday while I'm visitin he area.

Best to get a cup and enjoy it from the sidewalk tables.

Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“Favorite Coffee Shop in New England!”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I'm a local and I love coming in for a cup of tea or coffee and sometimes a crepe (usually quite good, although I've had it overdone once or twice). It's a nice place to sit and journal. At one point they had live music on Friday nights, which I loved (not sure if they're still doing it). Artsy, green, unique atmosphere. Friendly and interesting baristas.

• Visited January 2011