“Pleasantly surprised!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Went to The Point at the Thornwood Inn and we had a very lovely evening. Good service, excellent bread, good wine, good homemade dishes. Lovely soft and smooth live piano, with the very talented owner sitting in on bass, guitar and some fine, balanced and sensitive vocals. He sings well. Actually, he sings really good. We had a great evening. Lovely grounds....swimming pool surrounded by well tended garden above the vegtable garden. Nice deck/patio areas. We are picky, and were very pleased with our dining experience. Thumbs way up!

1  Thank Travarh

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband likes to try new places every time we go to the Bershires and we always go by the reviews. Not sure who wrote all the great reviews for this restaurant here and we got carried away and threw our money....Not worth the money and fuss. They brought wrong item for my kid first and then in five minutes we got the chicken tenders, which were obviously not upto any decent standards considering they were going to make it from scratch...not sure how that is possible in 5 minutes. My other's kids fish tasted like eggs. Kids meals were as expensive as adults (less by a dollar). Our adult food was mediocre at best. We did not order drinks nor dessert but ended up spending $100 for just main course for 2 adults and 2 kids! And they had no regrets for messing up orders too!!! And did I tell you how the free bread gave my mouth blisters?
Sorry, but this was not my idea of fancy eating. There are lots of nice restaurants in the Berkshires and I would rather spend my money somewhere else.

1  Thank DreamgirlBoston
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Food, atmosphere, live (appropriate for dinner) music ... all wonderful. My wife and I dined with friends on a Saturday night and all were impressed. A warm and comfortable dining experience.

1  Thank GoodServiceLover
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The point is located in the thorneood bed and breakfast. It's a family run establishment, and we were greeted by the owner, host, who also happens to accompany a wonderful pianist with vocals. The menu is diverse enough with many American favorites. I had the meatloaf, my wife had a filet mignonette and the kids had burgers. The food was excellent, and the fries, which were made from scratch rival any on earth. Everything was wonderful, including the lovely waitress who just so happens to be the granddaughter of the owner. The atmosphere was clean with an old world charm. Save room for dessert because the cheesecake is unbelievable. Do not miss this place if you are in the area

1  Thank Jpixzo127
Reviewed February 12, 2012

One of the best experiences of hospitality with a touch of class
Food exceptional and presentation excellent
Homemade