“Great location, average food and service”
Review of Neighborhood Diner - CLOSED

Neighborhood Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The one thing this place has going for itself is its location right in the middle of the main drag of Great Barrington. The food, sadly, is just average. My husband’s ribs were okay, not great; my “Roxane Pulitzer,” was a quasi Reuben sandwich but without the Russian or Thousand Island Dressing. The service too, could have been better: our waitress, although very friendly and chatty, forgot to put in our order. She apologized profusely and brought us a second round of beers on the house, and at the end of our meal gave us dessert to go. I will say that we visited at an extremely busy and hectic time (lunch time on Martin Luther King’s holiday) and as such, will forgive the service mishap. I just wish the food was better.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Food was great. Billy our waiter very attentive and pleasant. Had the appetizer sampler, a lot for 2, but took some home. Classic burger with swiss and mushrooms the best burger I have had, besides my own. Crispy chicken pannini was huge, brought 2 pieces home. The homemade potato chips were awesome. Will go back for breakfast and dinner. Menu has many selections.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I wanted to like this restaurant. But after going twice and experiencing the same rude waitresses, I gave up. Hopefully there are actually better staff members than the ones we encountered. Because the ones who have poor customer service skills are making the rest of the place look bad.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We thought that this restaurant looked interesting and stopped for lunch. Although there are large windows overlooking the street it is rather dark and worn looking. The food was just average and not very warm when served. Our waitress seemed to be working alone although there was a rather robust very loudmouth woman who seemed to he in charge. The best part of the visit was the very large cut-out paintings/pictures on the walls..they are really creative and very unique.
The extremely small restrooms were in an alley across from the restaurant and this wasn't very pleasant.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife, mother-in-law and I tried to get into two or three restaurants before a show and all the places were packed. We remembered passing the diner so we thought we would give it a try. I was a little worried because every other place was packed and the diner was only half filled. I'm really glad we gave it a try.

The place is entered through a shared door with three or four other places. As you walk in there is a bar with a few stools to the left, and several tables and booths to the right. I don't remember too many specifics, but I do remember thinking the walls were kind of funky with a strip of 'blackboard' where patrons could leave small messages.

The kind of food was what you might expect from a diner. We had a burger, French dip and a grilled cheese. But the grilled cheese came with avocado and we had a side of eggplant fries (very nice). Not what I think of for diner food.

I would recommend this place for a good casual, no-frills meal. I'm looking forward to going back.