“Run Away”

Garden City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Run Away”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My family and I went to Bogie's after a long day of skiing. We chose Bogie's because of the reviews on this site. Big mistake !
The service was ever so slow. The food was terrible. If your in the mood for bar food ie, Nacho's, wings, etc, then this place will do. Unfortunately, for dinner entree's like the prime rib expect more fat than meat. I ordered a filet mignon which states on the menu that it's 8 oz. It was more like 4 oz and was served to me dry and tough. I promptly returned the filet only to be told they were out of filet mignon. How can you be a steak house and not have filet mignon ? To top it off the waitress at the end of our meal gives me a check with the gratuity already added. We were only a table of 5. I guess she was afraid of getting stiffed.
This place is a bar mascarading as a restaurant. Don't waste your money or your time !!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank mike m

West Brookfield, Massachusetts
“never again”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We tried Bogies recently and we were in for a real letdown. I would never go back. The service was bad and the food no better. With all the places to eat in GB I'm surprised Bogies remains in business.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank tom g
“Travelled down Memory Lane...”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I went on my 5th Annual Birthday ride. Usually it is a bunch of guys and my wife riding our bikes for hours on end, Stopping only to eat, and getting back on the road. This year however, the riders were only my wife and I on our bikes. This was fine too. It afforded us the opportunity of stopping where we wanted and when we wanted, without the grumbles of the orchestra.

My birthday ride transformed into a date weekend when we decided to stop in at Bogies after 6 years. The first time we came, my wife was busting at the seems with our first child. This time she was riding her motorcycle. With her awesome transformation, it was a welcomed site to see Bogies hadn't changed a bit. The food was still awesome and the service was fantastic. I still dream of the Rib-eye.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank MoeTAsker
new york
“STeak is good”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We have eaten here a few times. The food is ok but the salad bar is just a little boring! It needs to be spiced up a little bit. The service is great and the steak was good.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank jos3girls
Plymouth, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, friendly people, amazing memory”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We were visiting from out of town and stumbled across this little spot! The staff and other patrons obviously all knew each other and still made us feel like we were welcomed! Nice little salad bar and delicious prime rib. Not to mention the mojitos were yummy!

• Visited September 2011