“Innovative”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We dined here Friday night, while in town for a wedding. The entire dinner was superb, although we ordered one dish too many. We started with a shrimp and lobster Soong; four perfect lettuce cups and a lght, creamy seafood stuffing, nicely assembled at the table. Then, seafood hot & sour soup, again, served at the table.
Our third choice was an absolute winner: chicken in a rustic pot. VERY different, with fresh whole basil leaves, garlic clices, ginger, brown sauce, and I don't know what else! We then has sesame beef, but were wiped out. It was good, a bit sweet. We were no longer fit to judge. Service was superb.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

I'd like to start off by saying that this was our second visit to the Koi and will be our last. And I'd also like to say I hardly ever write reviews but in this particular instance I felt compelled to. The service was so horrific that I would say it was probably my worst service experience ever. We are very conscientious diners, I used to waitress so I know how the job can be and go out of my way to be kind and friendly with staff. That being said, we both placed our orders and when asked if I wanted white or brown rice I asked if it would be possible to substitute with fried rice. The waiter very snappily said (that should have been a warning sign then) no substitutions and I would have to buy fried rice separate. I said no problem at all I'd like to do that. We continued to smile and say thank you a lot and be friendly but he was just...quietly rude. He grabbed plates, he slammed plates. We ate only a little of our meal and asked it packed to go. My boyfriend asked if his rice could be packed too after he grabbed the first round of plates and he took it away. Well here is the insane part. The next day we open up our leftovers and were wondering why the containers were so small and light. I open the fried rice and dump it on a plate and only a small layer of rice on top was the fried rice! Underneath it was my boyfriend's plain rice! You have to understand I had 3 or more cups of rice left over because I had to get a whole order of it, and there was at best a half a cup left! Then I open up my main dish to see what surprise was there...well all there was in that container was broccoli and sauce, all the leftover shrimp and scallops were not even in there!. I can't stress enough that we were REALLY NICE to this guy! (Side note the bus boy was great at least) My boyfriend called the restaurant to explain what happened, and all he got was a "I'm sorry that happened there's nothing we can do". Nothing they can do? They don't even care? Is that any way to run a business? Do they not care that experiences like that end up creating a situation such as this where I feel compelled to write a review about how terrible it was? Please do yourself a favor and stay clear of this place!

1  Thank victorianut
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Great food! Service was outstanding. Definitely going back. The Scorpion Cocktail was delicious :)

Reviewed January 31, 2010

My family of five ate here on Saturday night during a ski trip visit to the Berkshires. The restaurant itself is quite nice and the bathrooms were lovely and spanking clean. The menu was fairly extensive and had a very nice selection of vegetarian dishes. The wait service was attentive. The food took slightly longer to come out of the kitchen than at most Chinese restaurants but it was also prepared with more care and thought than typically encountered. We were among several families with children there and the wait wasn't a problem. Everything was delicious. Other diners also seemed pleased with their food. Best of all, the owners/managers were positively lovely and charming.

Reviewed August 7, 2009

The Koi is not your typical Chinese restaurant. Both exteriorly and interiorly it seems to have been designed by someone who likes the approach of Frank Lloyd Wright. The menu had a lot of choices I have not seen previously, as well as most of the standard items. The service was friendly and attentive, the food was appealing both visually and taste-wise, and while prices were higher than those of typical take-put Chinese places, the final bill was a lot more modest than most of the other quality restaurants in the area. I know I will be going to the Koi many times in the future.