“SKIMPY AND EXPENSIVE.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a small group this past weekend staying in Great Barrington MASS and decide to go try the KOI chinese restuarant. A fairly popular chinese restuarant with real food as opposed to your typical fast food chinese take out we normally have in the North East.
Service was fast and unfriendly. Noisy atmosphere with people running around and lack of any control by the manager to restrain customers. After placing our order it took forever to get the waiters attention again as if he abandoned his post . Again very unfriendly and put upon to be of service.
The food arrived and it was more like an appetizer portion then the Very expensive price we paid for a dinner portion, with flowers and decorations and little food. A very dissapointed and hungry group. WE counted 3 pieces of Beef in the portion and I mean pieces only.
Brown rice was like glue un edible. The prices here are very high for meager portions that one expects for a chinese resturant. Advise try to find a buffet place or go elsewhere.
After paying our bill we ran out to find another place to eat and found BIZEN in downtown Great Barrington. A great place with delicious food and generous portions.

1  Thank 770mike

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Perfect Chinese apres ski at Butternut. Being from NYC, I've got a pretty high threshold for what I consider "okay" Chinese, and this is way above that level. Some of the dishes are unreconstructed American Chinese from the 1970s, but others are cutting edge delicious.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Basically thear is not much bad you can say thay are prompt on seating food is always good the bar is wonderful! I believe you can't go wrong hear!!! To go always hot when I get it home! I have eaten many times always happy!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Food - my favorites are the chicken and broccoli and seafood fried rice. I'm from NYC and have been to dozens of restaurants in Chinatown and Flushing and I've never had a better version of chicken and broccoli. They use good quality ingredients and don't skimp on the portions. The seafood fried rice is modernized. They cook the rice with roe and it is sooooooo delicious.

Atmosphere is outstanding... like being in an old, classy Chinese casino from the 70's. Love the waterfall and huge Koi murals on the walls.

Service - Over the course of a year, I have been to Koi probably 10 times both for in-house dining and takeout. I have never experienced bad service. Obviously I think this place gets pretty busy during holidays, but normally everyone is above and beyond nice.

All in all definitely one of the best dining options in the Berkshires. This place is a great local, family run business... happy it's around :)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We rolled in here after skiing one evening over MLK weekend, and were pleasantly surprised. The place has a swanky feel that suggests a more inventive menu. However, it's your basic Chinese fare, but quite fresh, flavorful, and varied. A huge step up from the ubiquitous Chinese place that has let us all down. Would definitely go back if we come back here to sk